Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, August 2, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field;
2. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent experience in procurement, contract management, or business administration;
3. Must have supervisory experience.
1. Experience working in a higher education environment.
2. Experience using Colleague.
3. North Carolina Contract Manager Certification (will be required to complete upon hiring).
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Under general direction from the Executive Director, perform the planning, organizing, and supervision of the College’s procurement operation in an efficient and economical manner.
1. Reviews, coordinates, and approves purchasing requests submitted by College faculty and staff; including supervision of and participation in the development of bid specifications and requests for proposals; solicitation and analysis of bids; and working with Purchase and Contract and/or ITS.
2. Supervises and directs purchasing staff responsible for procurement and equipment functions; including training, motivating, and evaluating assigned personnel.
3. Communicates regularly, effectively, courteously, and professionally with employees and vendors.
4. Assists with the submission of timely and accurate reports as required by institutional and external offices.
5. Coordinates, develops and conducts purchasing training sessions for College faculty and staff.
6. Backups other purchasing positions as required due to absences.
7. Coordinates meetings to ensure efficient and effective performance of the team and excellent customer service is provided.
8. Serves in a leadership capacity on special projects within Business Services.
9. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
10. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.