Director, Program, Advanced Manufacturing Technician/Mechatronics Engineering Technology Program
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, June 17, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Control Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology or a related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Documented industry training in automation equipment (e.g., Allen Bradley, Siemens, Fanuc)
- Industry recognized mechatronics certifications or the ability to attain them within six months of hire (e.g., Allen Bradley, Siemens, Fanuc)
- 3 years of relevant industry experience or the equivalent (e.g., military technology)
- Working knowledge of programmable logic controls, mechanical systems, electronics, pneumatics and hydraulics, and robotics.
- Teaching and/or industry training experience in mechatronics topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Control Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology or a related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Siemen’s Mechatronics and/or Mechatronics Instructor Certifications or the ability to attain them within one year of hire
- Greater than 3 years of relevant industry experience or the equivalent (e.g., military technology)
- Post-secondary or secondary teaching experience
- Experience with the operation of industrial robotic equipment (i.e., Fanuc) and/or systems integration
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the instructional team.
Recently, GTCC was selected as the educational provider for the nationally recognized FAME (Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education) Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program. FAME has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, and Time; engaged by multiple nationally and globally renowned think tanks (including five times by the very prestigious Brookings Institution); won 12 awards; and much more. Many faculty participants consider the FAME-AMT program to be a destination job and a top career achievement. See the national website at http://fame-usa.com and view this video for a view of the program at the local chapter level (https://youtu.be/2OMasmuTjO8). Here’s a view from the perspective of FAME Faculty Instructors: https://vimeo.com/588349226.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop/revise, prepare and teach both technical and non-technical FAME/Advanced Manufacturing Technician courses and facilitate and coach non-credit AMT activities within the program, while caring for and maintaining the FAME Technical Center and laboratory facilities. Faculty will also be responsible for advising students and collaborating with industry partners to ensure relevancy of the curriculum and provide necessary training and education. The faculty member must possess the knowledge, skills and experience to provide effective instruction in advanced manufacturing topics related to mechatronics engineering technology.
How to Apply
For the complete job description and to aply online, go to https://gtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/7542.
Job Post Contact