- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts, Food Service Technology, Baking or Pastry Arts, Hospitality Management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Three years of professional experience as a full-time culinary or hospitality professional
• Three years demonstrated teaching experience in Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management within a post-secondary institution or professional setting.
• Experience with direct employee supervision and management
• Eligible for or current American Culinary Federation certification as a Culinary Educator
• Eligible for ServSafe certification (required within 90 days of hire)
Baccalaureate degree in Culinary Arts, Food Service Technology, Baking or Pastry Arts, Hospitality Management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Greater than three years of relevant professional experience as a full-time culinary or hospitality professional
• Greater than three years demonstrated teaching experience in Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management within a post-secondary institution or professional setting.
• Previous instructor or department chair experience in an accredited culinary or hospitality program to include curriculum development and employee supervision.
• Experience with alternate instructional delivery systems to include a learning management system
• Community college teaching experience
• Recent national or international competition experience
• Advanced American Culinary Federation certifications (e.g. Certified Executive Chef)
The Program Director in collaboration with the Dean provides the vision and leadership required to realize the mission of the Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management Department and the college at large. Primary administrative responsibilities include program development/management, budget development/management, maintaining programmatic accreditation/external partnerships and providing operational supervision to full and part time faculty and staff in the department. Instructional responsibilities require a strong culinary and hospitality services skill set and the ability to teach students effectively in an instructional environment, and to work with competitive student teams. The Program Director is a member of the full-time faculty and maintains a teaching load with some administrative release time to carry out duties.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact