Director, Program, Medical Sonography
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, June 5, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Sonography or health-related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Graduate of a Medical Sonography program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS).
- Current American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) Credential.
- 3 years of full-time clinical experience in medical sonography.
- Experience teaching medical sonography within a post-secondary institution.
- Experience with medical sonography technology processes/products.
- Experience with direct employee supervision and management, including evaluation.
- Experience with medical sonography national accreditation standards and procedures, i.e. JRC-DMS.
- Experience with developing and maintaining an effective curriculum to include outcomes assessment and program evaluation.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Medical Sonography or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Additional ARDMS Specialty Credentials (i.e. Abdominal, Breast, Obstetric and Gynecologic, Musculoskeletal, etc.
- Greater than 3 years of full-time clinical experience in medical sonography.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternative instructional delivery systems.
- Community college teaching and/or administrative experience
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Program Director, Medical Sonography.
The Medical Sonography Program Director in collaboration with the Dean of Health Sciences provides the vision and leadership required to realize the mission of the Medical Sonography Program and the college at large. Primary administrative responsibilities include program development/management, budget development/management, maintaining programmatic accreditation/external partnerships, and providing operational supervision to full- and part-time faculty and staff in the department. Instructional responsibilities require a strong Medical Sonography skill set and the ability to teach students effectively in an instructional environment. The Program Director is a member of the full-time faculty and maintains a teaching load with some administrative release time to carry out administrative duties.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact