Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Must possess excellent computer skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Office. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Master’s degree in a related field is preferred. Web programming skills are preferred.
Plans and implements a strategic marketing plan to promote community awareness of the college and produce a positive image to help student recruitment, enhance college image in the community, and improve external and internal communications. The Public Information Officer, along with the President, serves as the official spokesperson for the college. In addition, the Director of Public Information and Grants is responsible for coordinating and directing all grant functions for the college.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive advertising/marketing plan for the college including developing themes, identifying target audiences, and media selection.
- Serves as the public information officer and primary contact for news media inquiries.
- Develops and maintains a strong relationship with local and regional media outlets that include print, online, television, and radio news media.
- Provides oversight for content and messaging on the RCC website, television station, and social media.
- Develops or oversees the development of and approves all college publications and printed materials that are distributed to the public including: curriculum/continuing education course schedules, annual report (Report to the Community), program of study marketing materials, academic recognition event programs, direct mail marketing material, college stationery and business cards.
- Oversees and organizes the purchase of recruitment giveaway items.
- Monitors use of the college logo, seal and brand.
- Coordinates college sponsorship of local events including the Manufacturer’s Association fall and spring series.
- Oversees maintenance of the Employee Portal.
- Serves as college photographer and maintains college photography archive.
- Schedules and approves all messaging for the college electronic sign.
- Serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Serves as chair of the Marketing Committee charged with developing a comprehensive marketing plan for the college to include the development of a college logo, a branding strategy, the development of college commercials, and other marketing strategies to promote the college.
- Monitors the progress of the marking plan and reports as part of the institutional effectiveness process.
- Serves as the coordinator/interviewer for the Rockingham County Radio Show.
- Develops and administers the budget for the Public Information Office.
- Writes and submits grants for award.
- Administers grants received, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met.
- Serves on various college committees.
- Coordinates at least one special events series to promote cultural opportunities for the community.
- Develops and maintains a positive personal and institutional working relationship within the community in general.
- Represents the college at appropriate external professional meetings and civic functions.