PCC Bayboro Center
Bayboro, NC 28515
Closes: Monday, November 27, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Level 2 EMT
Teaching experience of at least 2 years
Required Bachelor’s in Science degree from an accredited institution.
Master’s degree preferred
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Off Campus Programs, the Director of Public Safety and Emergency Management Services is responsible for coordinating all continuing education classes and programs relative to fire, rescue, emergency medical services, law enforcement, and emergency management to include courses designed for the specific purpose of training individuals for employment or improving employee skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain contact with agencies, businesses, and organizations throughout the county in order to stay abreast of their needs and offer classes accordingly.
- Serve as liaison with county agencies, rescue squads, fire departments, the area fire/rescue coordinators, the N.C. Office of Emergency Medical Services, the N.C. Fire & Rescue Commission, the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services-Division of Facility Services (DFS), law enforcement agencies, and other agencies relevant to training needs and certification requirements.
- Hire, orient, mentor, and supervise qualified and certified coordinators and instructors for classes, making sure they are familiar with and follow State, College and classroom policies and procedures.
- Teach a minimum of one class per semester and as needed.
- Oversee the acquisition of instructional supplies, reference materials, or other instructional materials and equipment necessary for course offerings.
- Recruit students and market programs by advertising classes offered through a variety of means, such as paid ads in local newspapers, articles about current and upcoming classes, flyers, brochures, and direct mailings.
- Attend initial class session and assist, as needed, with registration, fee collection, and student orientation.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork relating to each class, including registration forms, roster, attendance sheets, instructor contracts, and other required paperwork are completed accurately and submitted to the Coordinator of Continuing Education Services in a timely manner.
- Make periodic unannounced visits to all classes to meet with instructors, formally evaluate on-going progress of class, verify the class is meeting per contractual agreement, and to deal immediately with any situation which deviates from policy.
- Work closely with all instructors to ensure instructional materials are available as needed and to make sure any assistance which the College can offer to help the course run smoothly is given.
- Work with curriculum faculty and continuing education staff to develop pathways for success for students.
- Procure equipment, supplies, and materials for instructors and repairs to equipment as needed.
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary to oversee the overall Department of ContinuingEducation programs on campus and at off-campus sites.
- Serve on institutional committees and participate in planning and professional development activities
- Evaluate each course and each instructor
- Develop and submit an annual budget to support courses to be offered.
- Actively recruit for the college.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Instruction Services.
- Communicate actively and positively with students, colleagues, staff, and administrators.
- Cooperate and works collaboratively as part of a team.
- Participate in professional development such as workshops, conferences, and training.
- Demonstrate curiosity for and receptivity to new ideas and change.
- Participate in non-professional committees.
- Continually display a positive, professional, and productive demeanor in all interactions with employees, students, and visitors to be consistent with the PCC culture of excellence.
How to Apply
This procedure must be followed or application may be rejected. Candidates should submit: (1) signed Pamlico Community College application which can be obtained at the college website http://www.pamlicocc.edu/about-employment.php or by calling (252) 249-1851, extension 3005; (2) a photocopy of college transcripts, if applicable; and (3) a resume. The resume is not a substitute for a completed application; the application must include work history. If you have transcripts already on file, please specify. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration, and all requested information must be received by thedeadline date. Mail to Susan McRoy, P.O. Box 185 (5049 Highway 306 South for carrier deliveries), Grantsboro, NC 28529, or email@example.com with position title in subject line or fax to 252-249-1622. Employment and selection procedures are outlined in Chapter 6 of PCC’s Policies and Procedures.