109 Community College Road Ahoskie NC 27910
Closes: Thursday, July 21, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or Higher.
· EMS Level II Paramedic Instructor Certification in North Carolina and/or eligible to receive certification in one year from date of hire.
· Three years of supervisory or management experience is required.
· Five years in a related field of Fire, EMS or Law Enforcement.
Knowledge, specialized skills and abilities
· Ability to coordinate educational efforts with the various agencies, institutions, and organizations to meet their training needs.
· Ability to plan and set up classes on and off campus to help facilitate these needs.
· Ability to work effectively with individuals, organizations, and community groups.
· Knowledge of all state requirements for Emergency Medical Services to ensure operational compliance.
· Knowledge of State requirements for fire service certification.
To plan, direct, and implement the overall program goals and objectives of the Public Safety Training programs at Roanoke-Chowan Community College (R-CCC). Oversees the coordination and facilitation of a range of training programs to include: fire, emergency medical services (EMS), and law enforcement.
Supervisory Instructional Support
· Collaborate with local, area and state coordinators in planning and organizing the various training needs for EMS, fire, and law enforcement personnel.
· Serve on local and regional committees, acting as advocate for EMS, fire and law enforcement personnel.
· Develop occupational extension training opportunities to meet the needs of the community and emergency medical service responders.
· Secure qualified instructors to teach requested classes. Complete training contracts for adjunct faculty members within specified guidelines. Provide instructional support as needed.
· Visit classes periodically to assess progress and evaluate effectiveness; as required.
· Conduct staff and adjunct evaluations as required/needed and provide regular feedback for program improvement.
· Implement procedures and plans to ensure performance measures are met.
· Preform long term planning and ongoing development of the Department/ Program
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Continuing Education and Workforce Development and the College President.
General Program Support
· Schedule and set up requested classes and registration as required with state agencies. Complete all required reports to the specific accrediting agencies and boards.
· Provide instructors with the necessary supplies, materials, equipment, and course outlines.
· Ensure that classes are properly registered and conducted.
· Submit in all registration fees and insures accuracy and timely completion of class rosters and reports.
· Ensure inventory of class supplies is maintained and restocked as needed on both on-site and off-site trainings.
· Provide training to students as necessary prior to approval for state board examinations.
· Represent the College positively in the community.
· Participate in College recruitment activities to provide information on program, course offerings and recruiting students.