RCC Service Area
1042 W Hamlet Ave
Hamlet, NC 28345
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Must demonstrate the ability to obtain, determine, and evaluate community, organizational and individual public safety needs. From these needs, develop programs and courses which adhere to the mission of RichmondCC. Must be entrepreneurial in nature and have the ability to work cohesively within the public safety community, as well as, the entire College to meet community needs. Must be cognizant of the various educational levels of adult students and be able to serve all equally. Must be physically able to perform job duties.
Degree in Criminal Justice, Fire & Rescue, Emergency Services, Management, or a related discipline, preferred. Working knowledge in at least one of the public safety disciplines preferred. Three years of work experience in one of the disciplines preferred. Three years’ experience in managing adult education or training programs, with experience in organizing and administering educational classes preferred.
General Description of the Position:
The Director of Public Safety, under the authority and supervision of the Dean of Applied Sciences and Engineering, is responsible for supervising the school directors for the College’s Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET), Fire & Rescue, and Detention Officer Certification Course (DOCC) programs. The Director will also develop, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate programs for Law Enforcement.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Responsible for all programs and personnel associated with the Law Enforcement, BLET, DOCC, Fire & Rescue in Richmond and Scotland Counties.
- Coordinate the development of new curricula for the department utilizing various delivery methods while staying current with trends, technology, and the needs of the learner.
- Coordinate, maintain, and ensure compliance of program standards in content and delivery, as well as any accreditation requirements.
- Supervise, support, and evaluate personnel in the department. Recruit and recommend to the Dean and VP qualified part-time instructors as needed.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with local and state agencies and any other stakeholders directly benefiting from the department programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of public safety courses, including scheduling, registration, budgets, program promotion, and special projects with the Dean and Vice President for Instruction.
- Provide annual program planning outcomes and results for public safety, including projected budget expenditures.
- Submission of all required reports.
- Other duties. (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.)
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts or high school equivalency. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
- Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
- Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.