Closes: Sunday, October 20, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related area.
2. Five years accounting and/or purchasing experience.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Good written and oral communication skills.
1. Experience in community college system.
2. Experience in Datatel (Colleague) and E-procurement.
3. Governmental accounting preferred.
Responsible for the purchasing process for all supplies and equipment including bids as well as assist with inventory control.
- Check requisitions for compliance with state procurement requirements.
- Assist employees with purchasing decisions.
- Determine best source of supply based on price, service, quality, and State Purchasing Regulations.
- Assist with quotes as needed and submit formal bid packages to vendors as required.
- Enter and post requisitions into E-Procurement, Datatel, and Etrieve. Distribute purchase orders as needed.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the public, vendors, and employees of the College.
- Send annual notices for inventory; verify for accuracy and prepare year end entries.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College