133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
Closes: Friday, September 22, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Technology skills and ability to teach others.
Communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and in writing, across a variety of constituent groups.
Use active listening skills.
Be proactive, anticipate problems, and try to solve them independently.
Be organized, with a positive attitude.
Be a team player.
Demonstrate integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, high moral values).
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
Skill in organizing, planning, and coordinating meetings.
Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in utilizing advanced features of Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other relevant software.
Capability to demonstrate initiative and self-direction.
Proven ability to concurrently address issues of various levels of complexity.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or closely related field.
Required: 2 or more years experience in construction, purchasing, or asset management.
Preferred: 2 or more years experience with the NC Community College System.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
Salary Communstrate with Education and Experience
Manage and oversee all aspects related to construction projects, procurement of materials and supplies, as well as maintaining an up-to-date inventory of equipment and machinery. This position reports to the Vice President of Administrative and Fiscal Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with college personnel and external stakeholders to plan, organize, and execute construction projects from inception to completion.
- Monitor and supervise construction progress, ensuring adherence to project timelines, budgets, and quality standards.
- Conduct site visits to assess progress, address challenges, and provide guidance to ensure smooth project execution.
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, and vendors to secure necessary resources and services.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for all construction projects.
- Serve as Capital Project Coordinator.
- Source and evaluate suppliers to obtain competitive bids for services, materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Oversee the entire procurement process, from requisition to purchase order issuance, ensuring adherence to organizational policies, procedures, and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Business Office to ensure timely payment processing and accurate budget tracking.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors, negotiate contracts, and terms to achieve favorable agreements, and continuously evaluate supplier performance and reliability.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure alignment and effective communication across the organization.
- Educate college employees regarding procurement processes, rules, and ordering systems.
- Serve as Purchasing Card (P-Card) Administrator.
- Manage and update purchasing related manuals and forms.
- Facilitate and manage shipping and receiving operations for the College.
- Coordinate and maintain all maintenance contracts on services for facilities and equipment.
- Implement and uphold efficient inventory management protocols to ensure accurate tracking, control, and maintenance of all equipment and inventory assets.
- Organize and categorize all college equipment, affixing appropriate labels for identification.
- Perform an annual audit of college equipment.
- Establish comprehensive maintenance schedules and protocols to maximize the operational lifespan of equipment and reduce downtime. Coordinate with the maintenance team to ensure timely repairs and servicing.
- Continuously evaluate and optimize equipment and inventory management processes to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Lead and manage the sale or disposal process of surplus equipment.
- Perform monthly and annual reconciliations of equipment purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal laws.
- Produce accurate reports as needed based on specific requirements.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Oversee the College's recycling initiatives, including the submission of annual recycling reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Administrative and Fiscal Services.