Morehead City, NC
Closes: Friday, December 4, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree with five years higher education experience in student services, enrollment services officer, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Ability to effectively communicate and interpret College policies and procedures. Knowledge of and experience with a student information system, preferably Colleague.
The Director of Recruitment & Admissions plans, organizes and directs, Recruitment, Admissions, Career Coaches, and Dual Enrollment; ensures that assigned functions fulfill applicable Federal, State and college goals and objectives; supervises assigned staff; and provides assistance to the Dean for Student Services in support of the overall College mission.
Essential functions and duties:
- Provide creative leadership in the development and execution of student recruitment, admission, and retention programs that embodies the values and goals of Carteret Community College.
- Plan, develop, implement and administer administrative goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures necessary to provide quality new student orientation and admissions programs to students, and support to other college departments. Oversee application process and transcript evaluations.
- Coordinates, develops, and implements admissions and enrollment policies, communication management, and procedures in consultation with other student services offices.
- Establish strategic direction and priorities for enrollment management built on quantitative analysis and strategic decision making, while fostering a culture that emphasizes strong personal relationships, a high-touch customer-service approach, clear communication, transparency,, and collaboration across the institution.
- Support the mission and strategic efforts of the Mentoring, Advising and Planning for Success (MAPS) Center.
- Create and implement strategies for the CCP recruitment of CCP students, working together with the Dean of Students, Career Coaches, and CCP Liaison to coordinate specialized support services and integration of CCP students to the campus community.
- Complete all required training and professional development sessions sponsored by North Carolina Community College System (i.e. CFNC, RDS, and CCP).
- Establish close working relationships with the Vice President of Instruction and Student Support, Dean of Student Services, staff, faculty, and others to engage in conversations about enrollment priorities, shifting demographics, recruitment, financial aid allocation, retention, branding, community engagement, and the priorities that inform and shape admission and retention policies and programs.
- Responsible for planning the campus admission and enrollment processes, which includes preparing materials, planning the layout, and obtaining personnel and equipment needed for enrollment.
- Re-evaluate, on a regular basis, the effectiveness of Carteret Community College's recruitment, admission, and enrollment to ensure alignment with the strategic goals and direction of the College.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, ensure that the institution's mission and vision are creatively represented; develop and utilize existing and emerging technologies to communicate and build relationships with students, families, and secondary school counselors.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in management, higher education, and fields related to assigned functions.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate administrative staff; establish and monitor employee performance objectives; prepare and present employee performance reviews; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort: Ability to sit and/or stand for periods of time; ability to lift 10-15 pounds as required to set-up recruiting materials and equipment; ability to move from building to building on and off campus for recruitment events.
Employment offers are conditional subject to satisfactory background check.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557