Closes: Sunday, December 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s degree
• At least three (3) years of supervisory work experience
• Experience working with community college student populations.
The Director of Recruitment and Retention reports to the Vice President of Student Success Services through the Executive Director of Marketing and Enrollment Management.
The Director of Recruitment and Retention must be a collaborative leader, working with faculty and staff to help support students along their journeys. The director will supervise a team of staff to provide exceptional student services and meet enrollment goals while embracing the mission and values of Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.
- Provide college-wide coordination, oversight, and vision for a wide range of services, including recruitment/outreach, new student onboarding, first-year experience activities, career and academic advising, dual enrollment via the Career & College Promise program, and college-wide retention services.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of comprehensive retention programming to enhance success (i.e. early alert, progress reports, etc.).
- Oversee career and academic advising and follow-up services to new and returning students, including case management.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance college-wide partnerships.
- Develop strategies for retaining students by analyzing data.
- Evaluate course enrollment trends, provide input to institutional enrollment management efforts, and collaborate with the Department of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new student orientation and other first-year experience activities. Provide support and leadership for both on-campus and online options.