Closes: Friday, October 12, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience in management, administration, business consultation and/or seminar coordination.
- Experience or education in marketing and promoting is required.
- Master’s degree preferred from a regionally accredited institution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and management skills, particularly in planning and budgeting, are required
- Organizational skills, being proactive, creative and self-driven
- Knowledge of small business practices and trends
- Ability to work effectively with individuals, organizations, and community groups.
- Provides quality business and economic development assistance to the small business community by coordinating the resources of the College with federal, state, and local governments.
- Manages the daily operations of the Center by establishing program goals and objectives, identifying priorities, determining resource allocation, and completing a program evaluation.
- Prepares the grant proposal which describes all proposed Center activities, staffing needs, required forms and appropriate documentation.
- Establishes cooperative relationships with business and industry leaders to identify and evaluate business training objectives.
- Meets grant requirements by developing an annual schedule of consultation and training activities, monitoring progress towards established goals, and adjusting the schedule as needed to ensure specific goals are met such as the number of businesses served, total number of consulting hours provided, seminars offered and number of attendees served.
- Participates in regional and state initiatives of the NCCCS Small Business Center Network (SBNC)
- Keeps records and submits timely reports as required by the College, the State Director, and SBNC.
- Maintains a relevant, efficient resource and information center, collects and accurately reports client data.
- Counsels clients and makes appropriate referrals.
- Establishes and maintains Advisory Committee in keeping with the College’s practices and requirements.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Small Business Center.
- Attends local community events related to Small Business and all College events related to the department.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Dean and the President.
How to Apply
Please visit https://www.roanokechowan.edu/about-r-ccc/human-resources/job-opportunit... for more information and to apply.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution. As such, the College does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or political affiliation.