Closes: Monday, February 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field. A minimum of three years’ experience in either business ownership and operations and/or equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Extensive knowledge of business management, fiscal planning and accountability, employee training and development, strategic planning, office management and other support functions.
- Strong analytical abilities, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Capability of working effectively with both academic and business community, private and governmental sectors, and institutes of higher learning.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a leadership role in the strategic management of a partnership/consortium.
- Demonstrated ability to provide open communication to all partners for the distribution and gathering of information.
- Experience developing and teaching on-line classes using Moodle.
Administering all activities of the Small Business Center; identify small business community needs and deliver technical and managerial assistance to small business owners and prospective owners in Rockingham Community College’s (RCC) service area; provide assistance through more accessible information, education/training/counseling and referral.
- Identify small business community needs in RCC’s service area and initiate plans and /or activities to meet the needs
- Schedule, plan, instruct, and supervise seminars and entrepreneurship classes
- Sponsor, on a regular basis, seminars on business-related topics
- Counsel clients from the business community that request assistance in business start-up or operation
- Recruit well qualified volunteers for counseling and part-time personnel for teaching to enhance center-operations of small business activities; provide monitoring and guidance of volunteers and part-time personnel
- Maintain close contact with small business community, professional organizations and trade associations.
- Evaluate activities to maintain high level of quality and up-to-date information
- Evaluate programs' effectiveness and measure the impact of services provided through outcome results and annual local and state reports
- Instruct or coordinate classes as appropriate and needed
- Participate in meeting with college personnel and share information
- Maintain effective partnership with local, state, federal and education agencies and other service provider
- Maintain effective partnerships within the network of small business centers in the state
- Take initiative in starting new business-related activities
- Work with small business advisory group
- Prepare and control a small business center operational budget
- Submit accurate records and report on the small business center accomplishments
- Maintain up-to-date resource and information bank/center with regular hours of availability for walk-in or appointments
- Meet with Advisory Committee quarterly and follow up on committee initiatives and recommendations
- Coordinate projects with RCC Academic Departments
- Encourage and coordinate the strengthening of relations between Rockingham Community College Business Program and Small Business Center with Rockingham County Economic Development, Tourism, and Small Business, local Chambers of Commerce, banks, trade groups, governmental organizations, business and industry, and educational institutions
- Perform other duties as assigned