Closes: Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a business related field and the ability to provide start-up business counseling. Three or more years of business experience in an ownership or management capacity needed.
Responsible for the organization, planning, implementation and supervision of small business program services and resources. Provides counseling, education and training to small business owners and prospective entrepreneurs. Responsible for the publication of printed material and conducting needed workshops and seminars.
- Establish annual objectives of Small Business Center functions.
- Assess, determine and design entrepreneurship courses and services.
- Work with the Chambers of Commerce to identify small business's needs.
- Provide one-on-one counseling to potential and existing entrepreneurs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the small business community, SCORE, Chambers of Commerce, NC Rural Center, financial lenders and other groups.
- Prepare and implement Small Business Annual Report.
- Plan, schedule, register, manage and instruct entrepreneurship seminars and/or courses.
- Promote small business courses and services through printed materials, advertising media and presentations to students and potential entrepreneurs.
- Recruit competent instructors for entrepreneurship courses.
- Promote Nash Community College as a center for training.
- Manage the Small Business Center budget.
- Maintain Small Business Center Network Client Management System in accordance with both college and Small Business Center Network's guidelines for clients and seminar/event attendees to include but not limited to client information, counseling notes, follow-up, seminar/event attendee information, seminar/events published for online registration, seminar/event files and presenter contracts.
- Conduct annual Advisory Committee meetings.
- Maintain the Small Business Center Resource Center with up to date publications and materials.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC and the SBCN.