Director, Small Business Center, Req.#5009
Closes: Monday, October 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field and five or more years of successful business experience in an ownership or executive management capacity; or an advance degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Law.
Central Piedmont Community College’s Small Business Center provides services to assist with starting and running a business. The center conducts workshops, seminars, and classes geared to help entrepreneurs.
The Small Business Center supports the development of new business and the growth of existing businesses by being a community-based provider of training, counseling, and resource information.
Characteristics Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide confidential counseling to clients who need detailed assistance in starting a new business or expanding an existing business.
- Identify small business community needs and initiate plans and/or activities to meet those needs.
- Maintain effective partnerships within the network of small business centers in the state and with local, state, federal, and educational agencies, and other service providers.
- Monitor small business trends and take initiative in starting new activities to keep the center current.
- Plan, schedule, and evaluate seminars and workshops to assure quality training is provided which builds skills of entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- In compliance with College policies and procedures, recruit, interview and hire/contract trainers and instructors for teaching and seminar presentations.
- In compliance with state and local college policies and procedures, prepare and monitor the Small Business Center operational budget.
- In compliance with state and local college policies and procedures, submit accurate records and reports on small business center accomplishments.
- Work cooperatively within the College and externally in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of Small Business Center and College objectives.
- May teach classes, seminars, or workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics
- Ability to effectively recruit, direct, develop and evaluate staff
- Ability to establish and maintain effective public relations on every level
- Ability to make high quality written and verbal presentations to groups
- Ability to research and analyze data to formulate successful projects, policies, and plans
- Knowledge of project planning techniques
- Ability to administer multiple projects with varying deadlines, performance measures and reporting requirements
- Ability to create schedules, critical path and related charts to assure that projects meet performance standards and issues are properly addressed
- Knowledge of general small business and economic development principles and practices
- Knowledge of principles and practices of administration in community college education
- Knowledge of conflict resolutions and negotiation techniques
- General computer proficiency including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of basic budgeting, financial reporting and recordkeeping principles and practices
- Knowledge of client/student counseling principles and practices
* Work environment can be fast-paced, dynamic, high energy and activity can be continuous throughout the day with a variety of deadlines and opportunities
* Generally works in a traditional office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods
* Some walking, standing and bending required and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds
* Infrequently traveling between buildings on campus, to other campuses, or out-of-town to attend meetings and conferences
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply to: https://www.cpcc.edu/about-central-piedmont/administrative-offices/human...
Central Piedmont is committed to equal employment opportunities.
Job Post Contact