Closes: Friday, July 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, or Finance
- Five years of successful business experience in an ownership or executive management capacity
Administer all activities of the Small Business Center (SBC) and coordinate entrepreneurial certificate programs, identify business community needs and deliver technical and managerial assistance to small business owners and prospective owners.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the position and duties of Small Business Center Director as indicated in Small Business Center Network (SBCN) Guidelines.
- Ensure that the Stanly Community College Small Business Center (SBC) operates in compliance with the SBCN Guidelines and carries out its purpose of being a community-based provider of education and training, counseling, referral and information for current and prospective small business owners.
- Direct supervision of Small Business Center Assistant.
- Identify and recommend professional development needs of Small Business Center Assistant.
- Advocate and provide motivation for departmental staff.
- Maintain the position and duties of Small Business Center Director as indicated in SBCN Guidelines.
- Administer all marketing campaigns in the promotion of training to Stanly County businesses.
- Manage and resolve any conflict within department.
- Review, evaluate, and assess departmental goals and annual plans, and instructional offerings periodically.
- Prepare and control a Small Business Center operational budget.
- Complete SBCN Mid-Year Budget Status Report (FORM: SBCN-B1).
- Recommend departmental needs for personnel, equipment, supplies, and other resources.
- Coordinate the requisition of resources and services, including equipment, supplies, and other materials required for the effective operation of the Small Business Center.
- Sponsor, on a regular basis, classes and/or SBC seminars on business-related topics.
- Coordinate Entrepreneurial Certificate Program with the approval of the SBCN state director.
- Teach entrepreneurial classes.
Other Services to Clients and Community
- Counsel SBC clients from the business community who request assistance in licensing requirements, business start-up or business operation.
- Identify business & industry owner needs and initiate plans and/or activities to meet the needs.
- Maintain close contact with business & effective partnerships with community, professional organizations, trade associations and government agencies.
- Prepare and make presentations to community agencies and professional business associations to promote the service of the Small Business Center.
Divisional Administrative Expectations
- Submit accurate records and report on the Small Business Center including the required annual reports.
- Maintain up-to-date client information.
- Travel to various conferences, quarterly meetings and training as required within the state.
Other Duties Specific to this Position
- Work with Small Business Advisory group.
- Manage the departmental budget, regularly monitoring the status of expenditures.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- SBCN Client Management System (CMS)
- SBCN Profit Cents
- Web Advisor
- Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001