Closes: Monday, December 13, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Project management experience demonstrating substantial organizational skills for handling complex tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective interactions across constituent groups.
- Certified in Change Management, Lean, or Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrable competence in culturally diverse education or business environments.
- Graduate-level credential from a regionally accredited institution that includes course work to build knowledge of research methods, organizational theory, or adult education.
- Community college experience, particularly student success reform initiatives such as guided pathways and equitable education.
Provide supportive leadership for data-informed continuous improvement for the College. Perform a variety of duties necessary to plan, manage, and coordinate activities that fulfill the institutional mission, vision, priorities, and strategic plan. Ensure the dissemination of reports that provide information necessary for the college-wide achievement of desired goals, outcomes, and deliverables. This position reports to the Vice President of Strategy and Performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support preparation of detailed professional reports that translate the results of organizational tasks to actionable information that facilitates decision-making.
- Coordinate departmental and strategic initiatives across college constituencies through diligent communication.
- Maintain accountability schema for progress toward goals across college divisions
- Develop and participate in a professional development plan that facilitates effective interpersonal relationships and technical competency in new and existing data tools, applications, and resources (such as benchmarking with national student success networks) as required for planning, data visualization, and disseminating information.
Assist and/or lead college initiatives as delegated:
- Communicate college-wide the achievement of key performance indicators resulting from organizational tasks designed to achieve equitable, appropriate educational delivery.
- Develop and maintain periodic tracking of implementation plans used by college stakeholders to document accountability for annual and long-term strategic planning processes.
- Support the Vice President of Strategy and Performance with preparation and implementation of a regular cycle of planning and strategic visioning.
- Develop and maintain an Annual Data Profile for the institution, to include comprehensive program evaluation data, in collaboration with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Support the SACSCOC institutional accreditation liaison with preparing for reaffirmation and other accreditation milestones between the decennial review points.
- Coordinate institutional preparation for the Quality Enhancement Plan and provide organizational support to the (co-)director(s) during the implementation of the QEP, as needed.
- Serve on college committees and attend internal and external professional development opportunities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Support the data reporting environment at the College:
- Develop and maintain public-facing reporting to tell the Stanly Community College student story, in collaboration with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Executive Director of Marketing and Outreach, and information technology staff.
- Support the Director of Institutional Effectiveness, in collaboration with the Institutional Effectiveness Assistant and Executive Director of Marketing and Outreach, to standardize data visualization and presentation for institutional effectiveness and strategic reporting.
- Support the Director of Institutional Effectiveness to prepare informational reports that enable others to make data-informed decisions and to enable program/unit supervisors to assess and make improvements based on learning, service, and departmental planning evidence.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Onboarding, including mandatory training for all employees
- Software to include.
- ZogoTech Analytics
- Ellucian Colleague
- Microsoft Office Suite (to include Excel use of pivot tables)
- Anthology (accreditation module)
- Canvas (LMS; to include the collection of outcomes data)
- Familiarity with resources of Achieving the Dream and AACC’s Pathways Project
- Maintain currency in community college best practices through review of educational research
- ZogoTech Student Navigator (student-level data software)
- Dropout Detective (or similar LMS analytics software)
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001