Closes: Monday, September 18, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Three or more years of experience in strategic planning, institutional effectiveness, grants administration and/or enrollment management.
- Three or more years of experience working at a community college, other higher education institution, or within a similar education or business entity.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to uncover meaningful trends and recommend action items.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively present data in an understandable way to a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with faculty and staff to use data to make informed decisions.
- Ability to promote a data-driven culture with the college.
- Ability to train others in the use and analysis of data and the use of reporting tools.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Six or more years of experience in strategic planning, institutional effectiveness, grants administration and/or enrollment management.
- Six or more years of experience working at a community college, preferably within the North Carolina Community College System.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague and Informer Report Writer.
The Director for Strategy, Planning and Effectiveness reports to the Vice President for Administrative Services and provides leadership and oversight to the strategic planning, institutional effectiveness, grants administration, and enrollment management processes within the College. The Director will develop and implement a comprehensive, college-wide institutional effectiveness program that coordinates strategic planning, enrollment management, and the College’s grants portfolio with all areas of the College to promote a high level of performance through the establishment and attainment of rigorous and relevant performance measures. The Director will serve on the College’s Leadership Team and plan, lead and/or facilitate the discovery, implementation and management of key strategic and institutional effectiveness initiatives.
- Lead the development of an accurate and reliable system for reporting strategic and supporting performance measures.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of a comprehensive, multi-level strategic plan.
- Monitor the implementation of the strategic plan and compile the plan’s completion status.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, institutional effectiveness system that guides the College’s strategic plan and meets SACS COC requirements.
- Manage the College’s grant portfolio to support strategic initiatives across the College.
- Lead or facilitate the effort to pursue grant funds in support of strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement a grants administration process to pursue grant funding to support the strategic plan.
- Develop and coordinate a comprehensive, college-wide enrollment management plan.
- Provide a high level of customer service to all internal customers.
- Provide supervision to the Research & Reporting Coordinator to meet research, planning, analysis, and reporting requirements.
- Possess the ability to meet federal, state, NCCCS, and other reporting requirements including IPEDs. (Application Requirements Continued on the Reverse) (Continued from Reverse Side)
- Develop and deliver reports and presentations that clearly communicate the college’s message to a wide variety of internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of special projects as assigned.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Deadline for applications is September 18, 2017.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact