Central Piedmont Community College (Central Campus)
Closes: Sunday, August 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science or related; Or Associate
Degree from a regionally institution in Computer Science, computer information System or Information
Technology with 8 years of experience in Information Technology or relevant experience, specifically
with a college ERP.
Experience with Ellucian Colleague or Banner
Experience in Higher Education ERP, preferably Ellucian Colleagues or Banner student applications
Experience in Content Management workflows and documents imaging best practices, preferably
A Director level position which oversees CPCC’s ERP Student Information and Enterprise Content
Management Systems. Focuses on providing innovative, cost effective and stable services to support the
school’s mission and to enrich the student experience. Requires a balance between understanding and
clearly articulation technical subject matter, technical analysis with internal customers and managing a
highly technical team. In addition, requires a very high degree of communication with many areas of the
college to ensure their ERP Student Information and Enterprise Content Management system needs are
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directs a team of business analysts/programmer analysts for development, maintenance and support of
the ERP Student Information and Enterprise Content Management system and monitors their work for
quality and alignment with the college mission.
2. Oversees operations and processes relating to mission critical Student Information and Enterprise
Content Management systems including: ERP Colleague Student Applications, Perceptive Content
Management and Online Attendance Systems.
3. Coordinates unit’s activities to ensure a smooth flow of operations by setting priorities, establishing
goals, and assisting in the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures; plans
and schedules human and technology resources; plans and completes projects in support of faculty and
staff through the review of project requirements and all available ERP and Content Management
systems; Meets with users to determine quality of service and makes necessary adjustments to
accommodate their needs.
4. Supervises staff of project leader, two advanced programmers, one programmer analyst and an
information system analyst III, including hiring, termination, training and evaluation decisions.
5. Actively leads and participates in a number of key college committees, NCCCS committees, advisory
groups and related planning groups.
6. Performs process review, redesign and implementation for requesting college departments.
Communicates with other departments to report and resolve ERP Student Information and Enterprise
Content Management system software problems. Meets with users to determine quality of service and
makes necessary adjustments to accommodate their needs.
7. Supports Federal and State grants and initiatives as they pertain to the ERP Student Information and
Enterprise Content Management systems.
8. Maintains knowledge of changes in the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) policies,
CPCC system security policies, College Information System (CIS) software updates, new trends in
learning management and legislative changes in federal, local and state to ensure necessary updates
are included in applications, project planning and documentation.
9. Manages relationships with key stakeholders including NCCCS personnel, vendor representatives, and
other leaders in higher education through participation and/or leadership in state-wide build teams,
regional and national user conferences, meeting and training opportunities
10. Makes budgetary recommendations to upper management, and monitors expenditures against
approved budget; assists in development of long-term strategies for growth and maintenance of
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
• High level of creativity to direct solutions to highly complex problems related to ERP student
• Ability to lead strategic design and maintenance of enterprise content management
• Extensive knowledge of systems analysis and information systems concepts, techniques, and
• Ability to communicate effectively, gain credibility and develop productive working
• with employees at all levels
• Ability to approach situations with energy and enthusiasm
• Demonstrated personal integrity, problem solving ability as well as the ability to handle multiple
projects and deadlines
• Supervisory and leadership skills
• Customer service skills with ability to listen, understand, interpret and anticipate customer’s needs
Job Post Contact