Closes: Thursday, May 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years’ experience in a community college or college setting
- Master’s Degree
The Student Life Director plans, schedules, and executes events as a part of the college’s First Year Experience and outreach initiatives. This area includes Student Government Association (SGA), New Student Orientation, retention, campus life activities, and outreach. The Director works with faculty, administrators, support staff, and other nearby school officials to implement, evaluate, and refine Student Life in an effort to achieve the desired outcomes. This position reports to the Associate Dean of Students & Career Placement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule, coordinate, and execute the New Student Orientation classes as needed on campus and online.
- Serve as Advisor for the Student Government Association (SGA).
- Provide leadership and supervision to the SGA, the Executive Committee, and part-time assistant.
- Work with faculty club advisors, the SGA, and student clubs to plan Fall Fest and Spring Fling Activities, and coordinate the SCC Student Club Leadership Awards.
- Direct student recruitment and outreach initiatives for curriculum programs, continuing education/occupational extension programs, College and Career Readiness (CCR) programs and College and Career Promise (CCP) programs.
- Maintain and update the New Student Orientation classes as needed based upon college changes and program expectations.
- Budget and request supplies for First Year Experience Programs and Outreach.
- Work in Colleague and Moodle to keep records of New Student Orientation, update completion, and assist students with college requirements.
- Manage Setmore by adding New Student Orientation appointments as needed.
- Coordinate with college departments and programs to keep students up-to-date on program requirements and changes, and assist with retention efforts.
- Schedule school visits, roadshows, and community presentations with appropriate college employees.
- Assist with maintaining weekly reports for New Student Orientation and contact students weekly regarding NSO.
- Compile data for Student Life activities and maintain records.
- Prepare annual plans and service evidence plans for all areas as requested.
- Prepare and maintain budgets and consult with supervisor for changes and updates.
- Develop a strategic plan for the Outreach Department including measurable goals and evaluate success based upon these goals.
- Schedule visits to middle schools and high schools within the SCC service area, arranges campus visits for groups of prospective students, and identify statewide events at which SCC participates as an exhibitor (i.e. CACRAO).
- Identify Stanly County markets to be targeted, plan strategies for recruitment and implement a plan of action.
- Work with campus employees to hold community events on campus with the promotion of the institution and specific programs in mind (i.e. student camps and programming).
- Serve as a liaison with student clubs to facilitate communication and assist with productive, safe and enjoyable activities.
- Advocate for club participation and support and encourage the creation of new clubs and organizations.
- Participate in N4CSGA, the Student Leadership Institute, and other professional development opportunities.
- Provide means for a steady growth of students involved in student leadership and SGA within a campus culture of service.
- Assist with campus activities as an SGA representative as well as a part of the Student Success area.
- Oversee the SCC Food Pantry, establish volunteers to work in pantry and set hours for Food Pantry operation.
- Serve on a variety of institutional committees and attend conferences and workshops pertinent to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Colleague/Datatel Training
- Self-Service/WebAdvisor Training
- New Student Orientation
- Policy/Procedure Training
- Onboarding Training
- Canvas Training
- School Dude
- Webcam/video conference training
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Technician
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001