Closes: Monday, October 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
These qualifications, skills, and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, the candidate will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Knowledge of and/or experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing data for internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in business intelligence, analytics technologies and student or management information systems
- Knowledge of and/or experience in supporting student success initiatives in higher education settings
- Ability to address equity and inclusion as a priority in decision making and coordinating teams
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others
- Effective written/oral communication
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality control
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a related field
- Two years of experience in data retrieval, analysis and research
- One year of experience leading or participating in student success initiatives in an education setting
- Experience with Ellucian, Informer, Colleague Reporting and Operating Analytics (CROA), Tableau, Power BI, SQL, SAS, online surveying
- Experience with program and institutional level assessment to support student success
- Experience in data visualization
- Experience in a higher education setting
Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
Supports the mission, vision, and values of the College and attends College events and meetings
Performs other tasks as assigned which support the mission and initiatives of the College.
The Director, Student Success Initiatives and Analytics is responsible for coordinating the planning and implementation of college-wide student success initiatives. The Director also provides leadership in data analytics and assessment that supports student success. This position plays a key role in promoting equity-mindedness and culture of inquiry and evidence by providing information and analysis for decision-making and continual improvement. This position reports to the Dean, Institutional Effectiveness and Innovation.
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The college community is dedicated to providing a high quality education designed to prepare students to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, the institution celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Davidson-Davie faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
The College's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
Note : Applications for this position will begin being reviewed on July 11, 2022.
- Collaborates with senior administrators to lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs and initiatives that enhance student success and support the goals of the college’s strategic plan
- Provides leadership in quantitative research and data analytics for evaluation and assessment of student success initiatives
- Utilizes business intelligence and analytics technologies and develops dynamic and user-driven reporting of institutional data using these tools
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates qualitative survey methods including institutional surveys and focus groups
- Provides direction related to the technical assistance needed from national partners and other external resources
- Researches, evaluates, and shares best practices in student success
- Evaluates data collection methods, tools, and technologies to ensure accurate and inclusive reporting
- Supports academic and services program review process and other campus wide assessments to ensure a mindset of continuous improvement on campus
- Collaborates with the Center for Teaching and Learning, faculty, and academic leadership to assist in the development and evaluation of student learning outcomes