Main Campus (Dobson, NC)
Closes: Friday, October 21, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in instructional or multimedia design and two years’ work experience in higher education setting.
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design principles and pedagogical strategies
- Experience developing instructional learning material and providing user support services
- Experience with Learning Management Systems such as Moodle
- Consultation skills to assess user needs, content, and identify gaps
- Ability to work independently or in teams, collaborate with others, lead projects, and provide excellent customer service
Master’s degree in instructional technology or higher education and three years of experience in online learning and instructional support.
- Three years of relevant experience working with instructional design and instructional technology-related projects
- Quality Matters Certified Online Instructor (or similar)
- Experience with applying Quality Matters rubric (or similar rubric, e.g., OSCQR)
- Experience with content authoring tools such as Camtasia and Articulate Storyline or Rise
- Experience with synchronous tools such as MS Teams and Blackboard Collaborate
- Familiarity with Microcredentials or Digital Badges
- Familiarity with Open Educational Resources
This position requires visionary and strategic approaches that provides instructional support to Surry Community College by collaborating with faculty, staff and students in the use of various materials, applications, and course resources.
This position will have direct access to confidential information that should not be disclosed directly or indirectly to others for any other purpose than to perform the essential duties of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide daily operational oversight for Helpdesk. Track Helpdesk service call data for inclusion in service review report.
- Maintain schedule for information highway facilitators and setup courses in scheduler system.
- Offer weekly training for students and faculty online or in-person on various software and technologies used for class instruction.
- Assist with New Student Orientation sessions and GPS training.
- Follow up on alerts for referred students needing general technical help via the helpdesk and with Moodle issues.
- Meet with program directors and chairs each semester to determine faculty training needs. Develop divisional training schedules.
- Develop Workforce Technology and Community Education student orientation for select programs. Work with WTCE directors to identify orientation needs.
- Work with Leadership team to develop professional development retreats and other events.
- Train faculty on the use of digital classroom technologies.
- Train faculty on the use of classroom SMART technologies.
- Research new instructional applications and technologies. Provide information to Dean of Instruction and Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs for implementation consideration each academic year.
- Track training and outreach data to include session/outreach information, number of sessions/visits offered, number of participants, etc. for inclusion in Distance Education service review report. Separate participant information by student vs employee.
- Serve on Quality Assurance online learning best practices team.
- Serve on Accessibility Team and other committees as requested.
- Serve as Bookstore liaison.
- Visit Centers each semester to meet with Center Directors to assess training needs for faculty and staff. Develop training schedule.
- Create training materials for faculty, staff, and students on the usage of the different technologies used in College technology initiatives.
- Engage in developing and conducting continuous professional development activities concerning best practices and methods for faculty/staff/students in the use of varied technology applications, including representing the college in associated statewide organizations.
- Serve as a resource person to faculty/staff/students as they attempt to apply new technologies for their program/service areas.
- Assist faculty in the development of instructional materials and online course content.
- Provide support on nights, weekends, special events and holidays as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: PT personnel as needed
Job Post Contact