Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, or a related field;
2. Two years of experience at a management level or above in Transitional Studies/Adult Basic Skills in a Higher Education System.
3. Experience working with budget management;
4. Experience with WIOA.
1. Experience with NC WIOA partnerships;
2. Experience as Director of a Career College Readiness program;
3. Grant writing experience;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Provides administrative leadership and coordination for the Department of Transitional Studies including the individual program areas: Adult Basic Education (ABE) and High School Equivalency (HSE) Preparation, English language Acquisition (ELA), Foundations, HSE Preparation, and Testing. This position coordinates and administers annual planning and evaluation for the Programs as well as provide budget oversight for the Department. Additionally, the Director works collaboratively with other Divisions of the College, community colleges in the Western Region and NCCCS state personnel, and community organizations within the College’s Service Area.
1. Defines and meets goals and objectives for Basic Skills in compliance with NCCCS and the current A-B Tech Strategic Plan and oversees both the development and scheduling of classes;
2. Hires and supervises the Coordinators, Specialists, and Administrative Assistants who manage the instruction and daily reporting operations;
3. Provides financial and budget strategic planning, analysis, and oversight for all Transitional Studies programs including the exploration for external funding opportunities;
4. Oversees marketing and public awareness for Basic Skills Programs while facilitating collaborations with our public partners;
5. Oversees accurate and timely reporting to NCCCS regarding required data for attendance hours, LEIS, and other appropriate entities;
6. Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of contractual agreements with site-locations and community partners relating to staffing, payment, services to students, and compliance with relevant college and state requirements;
7. Oversees and participates in staff development to provide effective instruction for all students;
8. Oversees selection of part-time staff;
9. Participates as active member of Instructional Services and collaborates with the Division of Economic and Workforce Development;
10. Participates as an active member of the College Committees as relevant and/or directed;
11. Ensures compliance with WIOA requirements and works collaboratively with partners providing WIOA related services;
12. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement;
13. Fulfills other duties as assigned by Associate Vice President, Instructional Services.