Closes: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s or terminal Degree in educational administration, counseling, special education, or related field required.
- Minimum of three years administrative experience in educational setting required, preferably in a community college required.
- Experience in designing, managing, or implementing Student Support Services or similar projects required. Previous experience working with low-income, academically disadvantaged, or disabled populations, required.
- Three years’ experience with management of staff, budgets, and programs in Student Support Services or similar programs required.
At least three years’ experience advising college students preferred
Background similar to that of SSS eligible participants is strongly preferred.
Reporting to the VP for Student Development, the Director of the TRiO Student Support Services Program will have full responsibility for the administration of the Student Support Services (SSS) program and for ensuring that project objectives are met. The Director will
supervise two staff positions and also have direct involvement with SSS participants as a service provider.
- Oversee the plan to inform the College community of the SSS project and identification, selection and assessment of SSS-eligible students.
- Develop and implement all activities and services in a manner to meet the SSS project objectives.
- Assure equal access to project services for all students.
- Supervise, train and conduct annual evaluations of project staff.
- Prepare Year End Reports and annual performance reports to the ED; ensure that accurate and complete data is maintained for compliance and performance reports.
- Assume primary responsibility for implementation of the evaluation plan.
- Authorize expenditures of federal funds and monitor program budget.
- Have a caseload of SSS advisees.
- Coordinate grant aid awards.