Morehead City, NC
Closes: Sunday, June 24, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's degree with major course work in business management or related field. The candidate should also possess managerial or administrative experience, including supervision of others, computer expertise in word processing, spreadsheets and data analysis, and excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the preferred candidate will possess experience in multiple areas of continuing education programs and certifications, budget experience, and experience in leading and inspiring diverse constituencies through a team-centered approach.
Carteret Community College seeks applicants for their full-time Director of Workforce Readiness position. Our online application must be completed in its entirety. We will not accept a resume in lieu of a completed application. Applications will be accepted through June 24, 2018.
The purpose of this position it to plan, direct, manage and oversee the activities and operations of program areas assigned in the Human Resources Development (HRD) and Occupational Extension Training Division in the Carteret county service area including the overall planning, design, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of the programs and the coordination of assigned activities with outside agencies. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with major course work in business management or related field. The candidate should also possess managerial or administrative experience, including supervision of others, computer expertise in word processing, spreadsheets and data analysis, and excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. The preferred candidate will possess experience in multiple areas of continuing education programs and certifications, budget experience, and experience in leading and inspiring diverse constituencies through a team-centered approach.
- Management responsibility for professional development training programs and activities including the development and implementation of training goals, objectives, policies and priorities; overall planning, directing, managing, supervising, and evaluation of assigned program areas. These programs areas included Human Resources Development (HRD), Career Readiness Certification, computer, medical, teacher renewal, and other programs as needed;
- Conduct program analysis on a continuous basis; evaluate existing programs and develop new programs to ensure training meets the needs of the county job market; analyze trends in enrollment and critical success factors and adjust programs as needed;
- Forecast and establish budget for assigned program areas; forecast needs for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; determine expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary;
- Attend meetings and conferences, perform research, and establish a network of subject matter professionals to collaborate and stay abreast of new trends and innovations in program areas;
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate and evaluate instructors to ensure compliance; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; meet with staff and instructors to identify and resolve problems; work to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures;
- Represent Corporate & Continuing Education (CCED) division programs and maintain good communication within the college and with concerned stakeholders; elected officials, civic, church, governmental and fraternal organizations, outside agencies and boards;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with local and state agencies; represent the division and the college by serving on committees and advisory boards both locally and statewide;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with area business and industry; develop proposals and perform training needs analysis to provide customized training;
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive student inquiries and complaints, counsel and discipline students as needed;
- Market CCED programs and services by reviewing and assisting in the development of promotional materials, participating in fairs and expos, speaking to area civic and business groups, create press releases and interact with radio, television and newspapers through interviews;
- Ensure programs meet SACS criteria and college mission;
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557