Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in Higher Education Administration or related Adult Education field. Experience supervising an educational facility. Experience in budget and personnel oversight.
Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration or related Adult Education field. Experience supervising an educational facility. Experience in budget and personnel oversight. Two years’ experience in community college administration or instruction.
Directs and provides the leadership, operational planning, oversight, management, budgeting and management of all functions and personnel at the Yadkin Center as well as for the North Campus/Dobson Center Inmate Training facility. Provides direct oversight for select occupational courses offered at the Center.
• Manage Yadkin Center operations, ensuring that the facility is functioning effectively and safely.
• Manage Center banking and bookstore functions.
• Supervise administrative assistant and numerous part-time faculty and staff, as needed.
• Covering the Center office and facility during the daytime as needed in the absence of the staff.
• Being on call or checking the facility during non-operating hours and during inclement weather.
• Building key relationships with local businesses, industries and other organizations to promote College programs and support local educational and training needs.
• Support Yadkin Early College programs and services.
• Working in partnership with SCC Chief of Police and Director of Physical Facilities to provide proper security and maintenance of the Center.
• Directing Surry Community College’s Captive/Inmate training program in cooperation with the NC Department of Public Safety, Division of Prisons at the Dobson Education Center (North Campus).
• Work in partnership with WTCE program directors to offer programs and courses at the Center.
• Plan, schedule and supervise select occupational programs, as assigned.
• Visit occupational program classes and complete documentation as required by SCC’s Accountability and Credibility Plan.
• Participate actively in the college planning process and serve on college committees as assigned.
• Attend division staff meetings, regional/state directors meetings, conferences and other staff development activities.
• Checking and reporting equipment inventory as well as Safety Data Sheets related to courses.
• Assisting instructors and presenters in the use of classroom technology including computers, projectors, and other audio visual equipment.
• Planning, directing, and participating in a variety of special events held on the college campus such as; conferences and other events or ceremonies associated with the college.
• Work in partnership with other deans, directors, and coordinators to ensure proper operation of courses offered at the Center.
• Providing information to the Academic Deans, WTCE Directors and Coordinators to help in scheduling courses at the Center.
• Support Student Services functions at the Center for advising and other services.
• Administering and/or proctoring college placement test and college exams as the Center, as needed.
• Working cooperatively with the variety of college departments necessary for carrying out courses, special events and projects on campus (Technology Services, Knights Grill, Campus Police, Facilities & Maintenance, and Marketing, etc.)
• Coordinating with outside users of the Center to set up space for their event needs.
• Carrying out various other duties as assigned by the VP, Workforce Technologies and Community Education.
See complete job description at: https://jobs.surry.edu/postings/11144.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact