Closes: Saturday, January 15, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A bachelor’s degree in instructional design and technology or computer science or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years of experience in effectively managing and maintaining a learning management system.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office, database technology, word processing, and presentation software.
- Knowledge of contemporary computing and information systems technology.
- · Experience in effectively managing multiple tasks, establishing routines, and prioritizing responsibilities.
- · Master’s degree in instructional design and technology or a related field.
- Online teaching experience.
- Moodle/Open LMS administration experience.
- Community college experience.
- Leadership/managerial experience.
- Manages, evaluates, and provides leadership and support for the Distance Learning team, including the eLearning Technician II.
- Manages the annual evaluation process of Distance Learning support services, operations, and personnel.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all features and functions of the Moodle learning management system.
- Ensures compliance with licensing and copyright laws and regulations.
- Leads the college’s ADA compliance work in the distance learning/LMS environment.
- Supports instructional design for faculty teaching on-campus and distance learning courses including development of appropriate integration of instructional technologies and best practices for using technology to optimize learning and student engagement in an online environment.
- Determines program costs and works with appropriate college offices to arrange access to distance learning materials, programs, and appropriate student services. Works to prioritize college distance learning needs and department needs including equipment and software.
- Coordinates and implements instructional design projects from inception to completion.
- Develops and maintains a systematic and ongoing instructional training program for faculty including an online orientation for new faculty, instruction on learning management system upgrades, newly added instructional technologies and tools, and other training needs as requested by faculty and/or college academic leaders.
- Provides assistance to faculty in the selection of electronic delivery methods and effective uses of multimedia.
- Works with college community in scheduling Distance Learning courses, as needed.
- Develops and provides technical resources to support college outreach activities and distance learning courses, such as online course management systems and videoconferencing.
- Manages relationships with vendors and third-party service providers.
- Works with the faculty, the Quality Matters Coordinator, and academic leaders to ensure the quality and continuous improvement of the college’s distance education courses.
- Serves as standing co-chair of the college’s Distance Education Committee.
- Stays abreast of current trends and developments in the field of distance learning including but not limited to compliance, regulations, procedures, and technology requirements.
- Researches and collaborates with peers at other institutions to recommend to the college’s academic leaders the implementation of new developments in the field of distance learning including course design and teaching best practices, innovative technologies, and course tools.
- Works with the eLearning Technician II to provide LMS/remote learning support to students, to respond to faculty/staff support requests during normal business hours, and to provide on-call support as required by the department.
- Provides management for the college’s testing center and open computer labs.
- Maintains course materials for courses conducted in or supplemented by distance learning platforms (LMS). Assists faculty and the eLearning technician II with course imports and exports.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with the IT department to achieve common goals.
- Maintains the college’s National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) information.
- Responds to emergency situations as needed, during and after normal business hours, to ensure sustained operation of the LMS.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request. The successful candidate must begin work on or before February 1, 2022. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the position requirements and college transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Applicants should direct all inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact