Closes: Friday, August 5, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in computer science or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite.
One year of work experience in an IT, technical, or related field.
- Experience working with a learning management system, especially Moodle.
- Experience providing technical training and help desk support.
- Experience using video conferencing tools like MS Teams, Zoom.
- Experience in a community college setting.
Assist the Distance Learning Specialist in providing support for the operation and maintenance of Southeastern Community College’s learning management system. Administer exams from Certiport, Pearson-Vue, other out-of-network partners, and Southeastern Community College. Provides ongoing support for the day-to-day operations of the open computer labs.
Learning Management System
- Create and manage user accounts in the learning management system.
- Create and manage courses in the learning management system.
- Navigate through the learning management system site, upload files, import, and export files.
- Create and restore course backups and archives.
- Perform quality assurance checks on activities, resources, or other aspects of courses in the learning management system.
- Assist instructors in creating, copying, maintaining, or making enhancements in their course(s).
- Convert and/or copy content from other formats into the learning management system.
- Create, load, and/or copy test banks/pools from other formats into the learning management system.
- Create, load, and/or copy resources and activities into the learning management system.
- Assist the Distance Learning Specialist in delivering training opportunities to learning management system users.
Proctoring and Testing Center
- Administer exams for third party partners Pearson-Vue, Certiport, other out-of-network partners, and Southeastern Community College.
- Stay current with testing certifications and updates.
- Maintain proctoring center hours of operation.
- Collect fees as needed and submit to business office.
- Maintain supplies (ie pencils, paper, cleaning supplies).
- Address issues in a professional manner and report them to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintain testing center’s computer updates and report problems to supervisor as needed.
- Monitor computer usage to ensure users are following lab rules.
- Assist users with basic computer functions and the use of storage media.
- Assist users in logging into their Rams Online and college email accounts, providing instruction on the proper use of accounts.
- Maintain supplies, including printer paper.
- Clean the equipment (computers, monitors, desks, etc.)
- Report problems to the Distance Learning Specialist as needed.
Work Study Students – assist the Distance Learning Specialist in the supervision of work study students assigned to the department.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
The successful candidate must begin work by September 12, 2022. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit all documents as requested on the SCC website. Inquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 788-6310 or (910) 788-6206. www.sccnc.edu An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Post Contact