Closes: Sunday, February 12, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Education, background, and/or training equivalent to a two-year technical/community college degree required.
2. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, EXCEL, Access, PowerPoint) is required.
3. Demonstrated ability to be creative, work independently, deal effectively with people, and meet deadlines under pressure.
4. Good communication and customer service skills.
5. Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential material required.
Physical Demands: No substantial physical activity required. The functions of the job are usually performed sitting, but may involve some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting up to 10 lbs., walking, carrying, and other movements may be required. Tasks such as working at a computer keyboard or typewriter may involve extensive wrist and hand movements. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without a significant risk of injury to themselves or others, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the essential functions listed above.
1. One to two years administrative assistant or secretarial experience preferred.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Division Assistant is responsible for administrative and secretarial support for the Dean, Directors, and Coordinators in Student Services.
- Responsible for secretarial and clerical duties to assist the Dean, Directors, and Coordinators in the Student Services Division.
- Responsible for assisting the Dean of Student Services with organizational and office management duties in Student Services.
- Responsible for initial welcoming of students as they enter the Advising Center, directing them to the appropriate staff for services.
- Receive incoming telephone calls and visitors to the Advising Center by providing general information and directions to administration, staff, faculty, students, and general public keeping up to date with current events and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean. In the Dean’s absence, carry out responsibilities assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College
Western Piedmont Community College, an equal opportunity employer, values and encourages campus diversity in students, faculty, and staff.