Closes: Monday, May 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Successful Applicants will have:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others and independently
- Ability to analyze data, identify areas of improvement or change, and implement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Capacity to manage detailed processes
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Demonstrated ability and organizational skills to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Proven teaching success in higher education
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or appropriate combination of education, experience, and/or related workforce credential
Three years teaching experience at postsecondary level or in adult/corporate training environment
- Knowledge of workforce needs and professional and transfer preparation
Davidson-Davie Community College (DDCC) is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The DDCC community is dedicated to providing a high quality education designed to prepare students to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, DDCC celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. DDCC faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
DDCC's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
The Division Chair, Public Services displays a focus on DDCC students and their success and has characteristics that are critical to successfully serve in the role. Positions require demonstrated ability or potential ability to work collegially with others to create courses and programs that focus on student learning and readiness for workforce and additional educational opportunities. Division chairs will be proactive and regularly engaged in problem solving that creates expanded and new opportunities for programs to increase access, success and relevance. Positions will require regular examination and use of data to guide decision-making. In addition, a division chair is responsible for engaging in professional development and promoting the College mission, vision, and values.
The Division Chair, Public Services reports to the Dean of Workforce Training and is a 12-month faculty position with administrative duties. Division chairs will fulfill up to half of a full-time faculty teaching load in Fall, Spring, and Summer terms with instructional responsibilities, with release time and a monthly stipend provided for administrative responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates and manage activities related to courses and programs
- Serves as the supervisor and primary point of contact for faculty
- Assists the Dean with development and administration of budgets
- Serves as the primary point of contact for programs with both internal and external audiences
- Guides and supports faculty to ensure excellent teaching and learning.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and commitment to the mission, vision and values of DDCC
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
- Maintain faculty responsibilities as defined in the faculty job description
Additional Job Functions
- Develops relationships with departments at transfer institutions that contribute to seamless transfer for students
- Maintains knowledge of departmental transfer requirements for students and facilitates faculty to faculty connections
- Examines student outcomes data and works with faculty and staff to support student success
- Establishes and maintains communication with the workforce community to support students and programs
- Develops courses to support articulation of continuing education to curriculum pathways
- Assists with processes related to clinicals, apprenticeships and other work-based learning opportunities
- Assists with implementation and maintenance of nationally recognized certifications and accreditations
- Serves as an advocate for programs within the College and with community stakeholders