Closes: Friday, January 21, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
· Associate degree or higher. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an administrative role, or with closely related organizational duties
· Ability to work in a diverse environment
· Able to work diplomatically with the general public, employees and students
· Able to work independently and collaboratively with others
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong communication and relationship management skills
· Comfort and ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment where customer service and team work are strong characteristics of the work environment
· Experience with Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace, spreadsheets, presentation and collaboration apps and software
· Bachelor’s degree
· Hands on knowledge of and effective use of PeopleAdmin
· Experience with Colleague by Ellucian
· Experience in providing administrative support to multiple team members
· Experience in managing communications with diverse audiences including board of directors and/or trustees
The Divisional Administrative Associate, Inclusive Excellence & Employee care is a member of a diverse team who is responsible for operational and project support to the division and administrative support to the Vice President of Inclusive Excellence & Employee Care and the Associate Vice President of Human Resources. Serves as the primary point of contact for communications; handles inquiries and requests for information from employees, students, partners, vendors and the general public.
Serve as administrative support for the Division of Inclusive Excellence & Employee Care
· Plan for and deliver communications for activities and meetings with employees, administrators, committees and external partners
· Provides direct administrative support for the VPIEEC & AVP of Human Resources
o Independently prioritize and schedule meetings and events, manage calendars, travel, and expenses.
o Provides administrative assistance and serves as an additional point of contact for internal team members, and external stakeholders. Communicates and coordinates regularly with others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of inter-divisional and inter-departmental operations and activities.
· Manages the operations of the office including, but not limited to budget management, making travel arrangements, performing records management using judgment and knowledge of office requirements, updating files and records, and purchase orders of office supplies and recruitment materials. Initiate internal and external payment requests, submit procurement card monthly reconciliations, submit expense reports for VPIEEC & AVP of Human Resources.
· Manage internal and external meetings including scheduling, travel, and meeting logistics – booking rooms, catering, logistics. Meeting agendas and minutes, staff meetings, council, and taskforce meetings, other OIE events. Frequent interaction (verbal and written) with leadership and other campus units.
· Plans, facilitates, provides Zoom/Teams technical support, and executes campus-wide and external events hosted by the OIE.
· Collaborates with other offices and event planners to ensure events are scheduled, planned, and implemented.
· Coordinates the writing of the VPIEEC and OIE annual reports and other OIE activity report requests. Requires research and collaboration with the President’s Office, HR, Budget & Accounting, and others.
· Write OIE activity reports requested by college leadership.
· Provide Human Resources reception and phone coverage
· Input and ensure the accuracy and integrity of departmental information using internal applications, excel databases, other records
· Assist in the development, maintaining and updating information on divisional intranet websites
· Lead in the management of the HR email inbox, maintain action planning calendar and project list
· Maintain records for divisional purchases and expenditures from state and grant accounts as requested
· Assist with special projects as needed, assume other administrative duties as assigned
· Attend specialized training activities that enhance job performance and foster diversity, equity and inclusion
· Foster diversity, equity and inclusion with colleagues and students
· Maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive information
How to Apply
Interested candidates please apply online, directly through the Forsyth Tech applicant portal at careers.forsythtech.edu/hr