Robeson Community College
Closes: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field and/or Associates Degree and three years professional experience in marketing, non-profit fundraising, higher education, and/or a business-related field.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in higher education or a non-profit advancement department with a track record of effective leadership, relationship building, growth of gifts, and funds with increasing responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Specialist for Donor and Major Gifts is responsible for creating visibility for the Robeson Community College Foundation in the broader community and for engaging donors in annual giving opportunities by cultivating relationships with local businesses, corporations, community organizations, and individual donors. Through the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan, the Coordinator will communicate the mission of the Foundation and generate financial support for annual giving campaigns via social media, press releases, and electronic newsletters. The Coordinator will also manage Foundation programs and events including the planning, organization, promotion, and execution of related activities.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President and assists the Foundation and department leaders in developing fundraising plans, maintaining donor relationships, and securing new ones.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan to communicate giving opportunities, donor recognition, and impact stories of student success to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Create engaging content to be communicated via social media, press releases to local news media, quarterly electronic newsletters, and an annual report prepared in both electronic and hard copy.
- Build relationships with local organizations, businesses, and individuals to promote both financial giving opportunities and to create community advocates on behalf of the Foundation.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Vice President to identify, write, and submit grant proposals seeking funding from local, state, and federal resources while ensuring reporting requirements are met.
- Deliver presentations to community organizations on behalf of the Foundation providing information and highlighting the impact that scholarships and other forms of support have on RCC students.
- Collaborate with the College’s Marketing team, manage projects requests, and serve on the campus marketing committee.
- Maintain and develop the Foundation’s website content ensuring information presented is accurate and up-to-date.
- Photograph Foundation activities including events and check presentations to be used in public relations and marketing communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Grants and Foundation and the President.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
CONTACT: Human Resources
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359