54 College Drive, Marion, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Open until filled. Official posting is on the MTCC HR website.
Education must be commensurate with academic area and within the guidelines of the North Carolina Community College System and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. A master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Birth to Kindergarten or Elementary Education. Candidate must be a dependable, dedicated professional and highly motivated self-starter. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency with computer software and learning management systems. Ability to present a professional teaching presence for theory and practical skills to develop rapport with students, faculty and workforce industry partners. Faculty must demonstrate competence in subject matter and be dedicated to adult and community college education.
Prefer experience with online teaching and learning.
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education and the Dean of Curriculum Programs and in accordance with the overall plan of the College, the curriculum faculty help provide effective learning conditions for all students through the design, planning, organization, execution, and evaluation of student performance in assigned areas, curriculum courses, classes or programs.
- Instruct scheduled courses in the Early Childhood Program in accordance with the Program of Study and the description published in the MTCC Catalog and the North Carolina Community College System Common Course Library.
- Collaborates with the Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education and/or Department Chair in developing, implementing, and evaluating the curriculum and program outcomes.
- Participates in planning, implementing, and evaluating program policies for admission, progression and retention to support students in meeting graduation requirements.
- Functions as an academic advisor and counselor for designated students including registration duties.
- Participates in departmental, advisory, and administrative support committee meetings as scheduled.
- Instruct course load in compliance with faculty workload policy for adult students, workforce development and dual enrollment programs to include day/evening/weekend semester schedules when necessary.
- Schedule and post regular office hours for consultations with students.
- Accurately complete and submit paperwork in a timely manner to the appropriate area, including: office hours, course syllabus for each course taught, attendance rosters, grade sheets, drop/add forms, independent study forms, course substitutions, credit by exam forms, surveys, etc.
- Assist the Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education and/or Department Chair in maintenance of current and permanent official student records with storage that prevents damage and unauthorized use in compliance accrediting and certifying agencies.
- Recommend textbooks with Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education and/or Department chair in accordance with the college’s textbook ordering procedures.
- Supports the college in planning and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Actively participate in professional development activities related to respective disciplines for personal growth development including membership in professional organizations.
- Actively recruit students by participating (as schedule permits) in recruiting functions on and off campus.
- Implement all policies as established by the Board of Trustees.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Submit an MTCC application and resume:
Via email to- Breanna Wilson
Via mail to-
McDowell Technical Community College
54 College Drive
Marion, NC 28752
In-person to- Breanna Wilson, MTCC, 54 College Drive (Marion, NC), Cedar Building, Business Office
Offers of employment are contingent upon receipt of official transcripts.
If you have questions, contact Breanna Wilson by email, phone or fax:
email: Breanna Wilson