Closes: Thursday, December 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related field.
- At least two years of experience working with young children and/or families.
- Early Educator Certification Level 11 or higher, or sufficient qualifications to attain this level soon after employment.
- Considerable knowledge about child development, quality care, and NC Child Development and Early Education (NC DCDEE) rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with providers of diverse needs and backgrounds.
- Computer proficient
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related field.
- Five years or more of experience working with young children and/or families.
- Experience and demonstrated competence in training and coaching adults.
To coordinate and provide professional development opportunities and technical assistance to early childhood education professional withing the CCR&R Region 4 service delivery area to ensure accomplishments of statewide and regional project goals.
- Plan and provide high-quality professional development opportunities to early childhood educators working in Region 4 licensed facilities.
- Provide on-site technical assistance and coaching to early childhood educators working in licensed centers, homes, and preschools in Region 4, resulting in the increased use of evidence-based, evidence-informed teaching practices and to promote best practices for quality care.
- Build and maintain relationships with early childhood educators working in Region 4 through regular communication and provision of ongoing support regarding child care regulations, training opportunities, child care quality, and other issues impacting early childhood education.
- Communicate and coordinate activities with the local DCDEE licensing consultant, other state & local regulatory officials, and others providing technical assistance to early childhood educators in Region 4.
- Collect data, maintain adequate documentation of services, and complete quarterly reports on services provided on behalf of the Region 4.
- Provide information and/or technical assistance and support to individuals interested in opening a licensed childcare program (center-based or home-based) in Region 4.
- Maintain current knowledge about childcare regulations, evidence-based/evidence-informed practices, and quality initiatives and share this information with agency staff, childcare administrators, and early childhood educators.
- Represent Region 4 on various community initiatives as assigned.
- Participate in agency staff meetings, Southeastern Community College meetings and committee work, and community events as needed.
- Conduct all business activities in a quality professional manner; complete other duties as required by funder or as assigned.
- Participate in project evaluation plan including data collection and completion of scheduled reporting.
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Periodically required to stand; walk, stoop, kneel.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Routinely required to drive a vehicle for business travel and must have a valid NC Driver’s License.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and the ability to adjust focus to operate the computer.
- Extensive travel and some evening/weekend work will be required.
How to Apply
The starting date for the positions is 1/3/23. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be 12/1/22 and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 246. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact