Washington, NC, but will also require travel to Tyrrell County Schools as well as the traditional high school campuses in Beaufort County.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, January 13, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required: Master’s Degree in an educational field. (Must be from a regionally accredited institution).
Preferred: Preferred Master’s Degree in English.
Experience teaching in a college setting required.
Experience working with high school students, parents and school officials.
Preferred: Ability to work as a team member. Attention to detail, timeliness and accuracy in record keeping.
Full-time 10 month faculty position. Position will report to the Vice President of Academics.
Position is responsible for providing college liaison services to Tyrrell County Schools, teaching ACA on the CECHS campus as well as the traditional high school campuses in Beaufort County. Position involves cooperating with other college liaisons to coordinate early college schedules and services at all ECHS sites.
Duties related to college liaison services include but are not limited to the following:
• Travel to Columbia ECHS (CECHS) a minimum of 1 day per week
• Teach college level Academic Skills courses at CECHS and on high school campuses in Beaufort County
• Coordinate courses delivered via the NCIH to CECHS and other assigned schools
• Coordinate placement testing, course scheduling, registration, and book orders for CECHS students
• Work with students, parents, and school counselors to coordinate education and career goals for CECHS students (occasional evening work required)
• Provide support for CECHS students taking classes on the BCCC main campus
• Assist with parent meetings and recruitment efforts in Tyrrell County