Primarily located at the Old Charlotte Highway Campus in Monroe, NC
Closes: Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associate’s Degree in business-related field
• Minimum of three years’ experience related to business/industry training or education
• Experience that demonstrates understanding of business/industry culture and process
• Proficiency in all MS Office products
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Manufacturing experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field
• Teaching/training experience in a business/industry setting
• Customer service experience
The Economic and Workforce Development Specialist is a full-time, 12-month position. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Economic and Workforce Development, the Specialist is responsible for assisting the Executive Director and area directors regarding education and training opportunities with local industries and businesses in Anson and Union Counties. Areas of support include: corporate training, the Small Business Center (SBC), apprenticeship, and work-based learning. The Specialist will promote scheduled industry training classes, small business seminars, and apprenticeship/work-based learning opportunities; create and manage course documentation; recruit and register participants across programs; and serve as a business/industry and community resource for referral information to all college programs and services.
• Provide information regarding Economic and Workforce Development training and other programs offered by the College to prospective business and student groups.
• Serve as point of contact and meet regularly with assigned clients to ensure consistent alignment of planned training activities.
• Work closely with the directors of Economic and Workforce Development in making training requests, funding requests, and in managing project budgets.
• Register training classes and seminars for assigned clients and verify accurate completion of class paperwork.
• Assist clients in following training project plans and scheduling planned training events.
• Secure instructors, assist with contract negotiations and setup, and initiate setup of class documentation.
• Navigate data entry and management in Colleague database.
• Maintain paper files and input data into NCID system
• Update and manage project and training services records.
• Update/maintain Constant Contact list.
• Maintain/update seminar series schedule for SPCC website.
• Assist with year-end reporting.
• Attend internal and external training sessions, including departmental meetings, to assure proficiency in educational programs offered.
• Follow up on assigned leads in an effort to build training services participation by local business and industry.
• Email correspondence with potential clients/students (surveys, announcements, responded to queries for information and routed inquires to the appropriate director.
• Collaborate with appropriate College staff to develop enhanced or new training desired by the industry/market.
• Utilize and maintain Salesforce, our client and prospect database.
• Perform other duties as assigned.