Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in counseling or closely related field, AND
- Two years in student services and academic advising in a higher education setting, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Multitasking, organization, prioritizing,
- Microsoft Office Suite experience,
- Ability to follow-up in a timely manner,
- Excellent written and oral communication,
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment during peak periods,
- Effective collaboration/critical thinking/team building/problem solving skills, and
- An understanding of and commitment to the open door philosophy of the community college.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution preferably in counseling or closely related field;
- Two years in student services and/or academic advising in a higher education setting.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Education Navigator provides a wide range of activities involved in admissions and enrollment assistance, advising, success coaching, and determining selection for admission into competitive-entry programs with the College.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for prospective students through the entire onboarding process.
- Assists students in navigating admissions policies and procedures; answers specific inquiries, maintains contact with prospective students, and ensures completion of application materials of students in admissions process.
- Provides students with academic advising by assisting with course planning, facilitating student admissions and registration, advising students of available support programs and services, and maintaining records of advising contacts.
- Assesses prospective student admission data such as SAT, ACT, RISE scores, Accuplacer scores, and RISE GPA and reviews transcripts from high school, postsecondary institutions and other relative documentation.
- Serves as Advisor for competitive admissions programs.
- Conducts group admissions and advising sessions for prospective students.
- Provides information regarding course offerings to applicants which requires familiarity with all curriculum and continuing education programs offered by the college.
- Provides input and makes recommendations concerning admissions criteria, policies, and procedures.
- Serves as Success Coach to caseload of students, conducts proactive outreach, and connects students to needed resources and services.
- Serve as New Student Orientation facilitator.
- Serves on college-wide committees as requested.
- Maintains adequate records and assures correct applicant status and starting semester.
- Work virtually and during evening hours as needed.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to admissions inquiries- phone, written, and personal conference.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development requirement.
- Follow and support College activities, policies, and procedures.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Education Navigator will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.