200 W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27603
Closes: Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree in education, school administration, business administration, or public administration from an appropriately accredited institution and five years of responsible administrative experience in an education environment at the local, state, or federal level; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
MANAGEMENT PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in teaching content area.
This position will work interactively with college faculty, staff and administrators and system office staff to develop an innovative vision to support online, hybrid and flexible learning options that fulfill the community college mission and assist colleges in effectively serving students within their communities through innovative content delivery options.
To successfully implement this innovative vision, this individual will work collaboratively with Programs and Student Services staff to develop and implement an innovative vision that emphasizes student engagement, success and learning. The following are critical components of this work:
- Support high quality, innovative online teaching & learning through professional development.
- Improve Student Success through professional development
- Support High Quality Online Offerings through Course Assessment and Evaluation
- Provide access to high-quality distance education courses through a shared portal for accessing online courses.
- Provide structure for efficient sharing of high cost and low enrollment programs among colleges.
- Research, procure and develop Professional Development Opportunities for instructional faculty and staff designed to promote best practices in virtual, online, hybrid and flexible learning options.
- Develop and maintain a searchable database of course templates, content, and content specific resources to support course development and design.
- Support the development of micro-credential templates, content, and content resources to support the delivery of short-term, high demand, workforce skills.
- Support best practices in course design, evaluation, and assessment for online, virtual, hybrid or distance learning delivery.
- Provide resources, support and professional development related to teaching and learning in a virtual, online, hybrid and flexible learning environment.
- Collaborate with the Student Success Center to share best practices for supporting student progression and completion in a virtual, online, hybrid and flexible learning environment.
- Maintain content and certification training for Employability Skills Content and CCR Professional Development content and certification.
- Create and Maintain a searchable data base to enable students to locate, register and engage in courses delivered through the 58 colleges virtually or online.
- Experience in teaching in an online or hybrid setting with demonstrated experience in instructional design.
- Faculty experience in teaching discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in teaching in an online or hybrid setting with demonstrated experience in instructional design.
- 5 years progressive experience in the field of educational instruction, instructional administration, instructional design, or distance learning administration
How to Apply
The North Carolina Community College System Office uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions SUBJECT to the Office of State Human Resources Act (OSHR) with highly qualified individuals.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must complete the online process at https://www.nc.gov/jobs, Résumés will not be accepted in lieu of the application. Work history and credentials must appear on the application to receive consideration during the selection process.
Job Post Contact
APRIL TIBBS, RECRUITMENT ADMINISTRATOR
North Carolina Community College System
Human Resources | Caswell Building
5001 Mail Service Center | Raleigh, NC 27699-5001
Phone: (919) 807-7177 | Fax: (919) 807-7222