Forsyth Tech Community College Main Campus
2100 Silas Creek Parkway
Winston Salem, NC 27103
Closes: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s Degree or higher. *Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
2. Ability to speak and understand English and Spanish.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Understand and be committed to the unique nature and role of College Career Readiness.
5. Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining corporate and community partnerships.
6. Proficient in MSOffice suite.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide accurate and appropriate information to visitors.
• Assist in designing appropriate literature, i.e. brochures, flyers, and postings of advertising workshops and classes for distribution to students, dislocated workers, and the community.
• Assist with ESL testing and orientation as needed (on-campus and off-campus).
• Ensure that the LEIS processes are followed with appropriate documentation.
• Adhere to the N. C. Community College Administrative Codes and local college policies and procedures.
Student Recruitment and Retention:
• Establish partnerships with companies, agencies, community groups, and secondary schools to better meet the educational needs of non-English-speaking employees and residents.
• Assist ESL Coordinator with the development and implementation of programs and services to recruit non-English speaking students and to address barriers that might inhibit their success at the college.
• Assist with development and implementation of comprehensive student recruitment and retention process.
• Maintain accurate information about course and program offerings.
• Seek opportunities to recognize the success of students.
• Discuss post-ESL program goals with students.
• Serve as liaison to refer students needing assistance; maintain referral of students.
• Refer to partner agencies when applicable.
• Attend recruiting events to promote the Forsyth Tech’s ESL program and International Center.
Continuous Improvement and Team Work:.
• Promote an attitude of team work among staff, instructors, students, and community representatives.
• Seek ways to enhance the working relationships of employees at Forsyth Tech’s diverse centers/campuses.
• Participate in team meetings, serve on committees, and utilize team meetings to contribute to the success of the college.
• Give and receive constructive feedback in a manner that focuses on the situation and not on the individual(s).
• Seek to maintain open, clear communication with all internal and external customers.
• Read written communications and analyze and interpret both verbal and written communications.
• Respond coherently both verbally and in writing to students, co-workers and individuals having contact with the College.
• Respond to common inquiries, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Perform basic mathematical operations in problem solving.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear.
• The employee may frequently stand, walk, and sit.
• The employee may occasionally reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply online, directly to the Forsyth Tech candidate portal at careers.forsythtech.edu