OCH Campus in Monroe, NC or the LLP Campus in Polkton, NC
Closes: Friday, January 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
· Associates degree –OR– equivalent three years related customer support work experience.
· Capacity to resolve and troubleshoot end users’ technical issues.
· Proficiency in all MS Office products.
· Proficiency in Windows 10 operating system.
· Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer or instructional technologies related fields.
· Previous experience with supporting A/V equipment.
· Proficiency in Apple iOS to include diagnosis and problem resolution.
· Previous experience working with Learning Management Systems.
The eLearning Support Specialist is a part-time position located on either the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC or the LLP Campus in Polkton, NC. Under the direction of the Director of eLearning, and in collaboration with the Associate Vice President of Information Technology Services and Chief Information Officer, the eLearning Support Specialist works cooperatively with other members of eLearning, the campus community, and Information Technology Services (ITS) to ensure the highest quality of service and quick resolution of critical classroom support issues. This position provides front line support to students in the use of technologies in the physical and the virtual classroom. The eLearning Support Specialist resolves basic technical problems, escalates unresolved queries, and follows up with customers via phone, videoconference, email, ticketing system, and in-person to ensure high functionality of learning technologies in support of the student’s academic success.
· Provide on and off-campus user support via phone, videoconference, and email.
· Assist students as needed with logging into campus technologies to include the Learning Management System, college email, and any other technologies.
· Provide assistance with classroom computers, smart boards, podiums, and other resources.
· Follow-up and update users to ensure their technical issues are resolved (Helpdesk tickets).
· Record events, problems, and their resolution in logs (Knowledgebase).
· Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users.
· Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
· Pass on any feedback or suggestions by users to the appropriate internal team.
· Develop support and training tools that increase system usability.
· Develop both technical and end-user documentation.
· Other duties as assigned.