RCC Service Area: Main Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, October 22, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the institution, with reference to the mission and the open door policy. The ability to problem solve and work directly with a diverse population of adult learners. Effective written and public speaking skills are required. Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment and be accountable for assignments. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and work effectively with people from all social-economic/education levels and ethnic groups.
High School graduate with a minimum of 20 years of high-voltage electric line-worker experience required. A minimum of five-years of “in-field” trainer experience required.
Application review begins October 22, 2020. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of college transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Several years of high-voltage transmission experience preferred. Rigging certification preferred. OSHA 30 certification preferred. EPZ certification preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Deliver effective instruction that uses a variety of instructional techniques to assist students in developing Electric Lineman Technician skills.
- Assist with program development, improvement, evaluation and recruitment.
- Assist with selection of textbooks, instructional materials, equipment and supplies. Maintain inventory and submit requisitions for the ordering of supplies.
- Assist in recruiting activities and cultivate relationships with appropriate local utility industy representatives to ensure program success.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records, daily attendance, and other paperwork and reports as requested and in a timely manner.
- Update syllabi and other course documents that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas.
- Accept other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.