Main Campus, Hamlet, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 10, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Utility Substation and Relay Technology, or related field required. Experience in Electric Utility Substation and Protective Relay industry required. Baccalaureate degree in electrical engineering or other closely related field with field experience in Electric Utility Substation and Protective Relay industry preferred. Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred. Three years teaching experience preferred.
Three years teaching experience preferred. Baccalaureate degree in electrical engineering or other closely related field with field experience in Electric Utility Substation and Protective Relay industry preferred. Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
Description of the Position:
An Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Vice President for Instruction, and in cooperation with the Dean of Applied Sciences and Engineering and the Program Coordinator, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the Electric Utility Substation and Relay Technology curriculum area.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Teaches students effectively in assigned classes.
- Meets classes as scheduled.
- Provides students access through posted office hours.
- Distributes course syllabi and college policy information in a timely manner.
- Provides clearly organized and understandable instruction.
- Provides adequate and timely feedback and evaluation of assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude in interactions with students and shows a genuine concern for student learning.
- Fulfills obligations in student recruiting, advising, orientation, and registration.
- Assists in the continual evaluation and enhancement of curricula through planning process and department meetings.
- Provides the curriculum office with updated Instructor’s course requirements that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Submits accurate and complete records and reports in a timely manner in order to provide assessment data for institutional improvement.
- Attends and participates in faculty, advisory, and assigned committee meetings designated to improve curriculum programs.
- Participates in professional development, including back-to-industry, conference, and workshop activities that lead to professional and institutional advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Position Available: August 9, 2021. Application review begins June 6, 2021. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts. Submittal of incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Salary: Full-time 12-month position. Starting range, commensurate with experience:
Location: RCC service area.
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804
Fax: (910) 582-7028
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer