Lumberton Correctional Institute (NCDPS)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, April 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Electrical/Electronics Diploma and/or an associate degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least three (3) years’ experience in electrical/electronics or closely related field. Previous teaching experience in a prison setting is desired.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least three (3) years’ experience in Electrical/Electronics or closely related field. Previous teaching experience in a prison setting is desired.
- Teach approved curriculum and all course work as outlined.
- Maintain supportive relationships with prison staff and other academic programs at the prison and the College.
- Assure the program meets standards established by the College and the Prison.
- Instructor will be expected to teach schedule as assigned by the director.
- Prepare and process course offerings and class schedules that meet program requiresments of the NC Department of Public Safety and the needs of the students.
- Teach a minimum of 30 to 35 contact hours weekly.
- Supervise instructional functions and student activities assigned in the classroom and lab.
- Register students and submit paperwork to the College appropriately.
- Ensure instructional resources are being utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Teach the curriculum with a focus on preparing students to enter the workforce.
- Provide instruction through non-traditional methods that employ a variety of techniques and simulations.
- Responsible for assisting with the overall operation of the Electrical/Electronics Program.
- Responsible for maintaining and submitting accurate audible records to the College.
- Attend and participate in any professional development offerings as assigned by the College and /or the departmenat of Public safety.
- Develop student learning outcomes to enhance student learning.
- Incorporate the College's general education outcomes into courses.
- Participate in program level assessment and planning.
- Serve on college committees as requested.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources – Sally Carr
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420 Lumberton, NC 28359 910.272.3537 firstname.lastname@example.org