- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, January 18, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree or certificate in Electrical Engineering/Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three years’ teaching and/or industry experience OR
- Ability to provide effective instruction to students in one or more of the following areas: digital and analog electronics, robotics, instrumentation, automation, computer-aided drafting and design, and photovoltaic systems, programmable logic controllers and electrical wiring/motors.
- Willingness to teach in the day, evening, on Saturday, at unconventional times or via distance learning (i.e., Internet) as necessary.
- Willingness to participate in professional planning and collaboration with colleagues to develop curriculum and lab experiences.
- Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Since quality instruction is the primary function of the college, it is the principal responsibility of each instructor to effectively and efficiently stimulate learning in every course. In addition, each faculty member should provide guidance to students through their role as an academic advisor and in more informal ways. Additionally, each faculty member is expected to participate in the governance of the college through committees and divisional meetings, through shared leadership within and across divisions, through personal recommendations to college administrators, and through participation in the Faculty Senate.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, copies of any industry certifications, a letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be December 6, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 310. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact