4564 Chadborun Hwy. Whiteville NC 28472
Closes: Tuesday, April 9, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Five years of related work experience in the field of Electric Lineman.
- Must have a current Class A CDL or the ability to obtain one.
- Must have a current Instructor Certification or the ability to obtain one for the following classes: NCCER Curriculum, CPR/First Aid, and OSHA.
- Associate’s degree preferred. Prior teaching experience and supervising technicians is preferred.
The Electric Lineman Program Coordinator, under the authority of the Dean of Business Careers and Technical Training, is responsible for developing, implementing, instructing, coordinating, and evaluating the Electric Lineman program that will result in students achieving academic success.
- Responsible for coordinating training classes for Electrical Lineman program.
- Responsible for co-coordinating training classes.
- Coordinate Electrical Lineman Academy Orientation and Graduation processes. Establish relationships with students to determine needs to assist in the Electric Lineman program retention.
- Maintain adequate and accurate records on the Electric Lineman program students.
- Responsible for setup and coordination of Electric Lineman Lunch and Learn sessions.
- Responsible for setup to include completion of evaluations and student cards for Electric Lineman.
- Assist Electric Lineman Students with education and job opportunities.
- Responsible for maintenance of Electric Lineman applicant files.
- Responsible for processing Electric Lineman Academy packets.
- Prepare correspondence and reports as needed for the Electric Lineman program
- Archive student records through document imaging.
- Complete residency applications and appeals for Electric Lineman students.
- Update and maintain Electric Lineman spreadsheets.
- Answer questions and provide assistance to students and potential students for the Electric Lineman program.
- Participate in professional development activities
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfilling duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls.
- Perform duties as assigned, which will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the program.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning, and evaluation to improve student learning.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, letter of interest, and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. The initial review of applications will be on 2/29/2024. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should direct all inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472, 910-788-6310.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact