Electrical Lineworker Instructor (12 Months)
133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to display empathy, warmth and courtesy to students.
Proficiently operate a computer and related applications.
Use active listening skills.
Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Ability to show initiative and self-direction.
Function in a fast-pace environment.
Proven ability to concurrently address issues of various levels of complexity.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and ethically conduct oneself.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Required: High School Diploma Required
Preferred: Associates Degree in Electric Line Construction Technology. Bilingual. Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
Required: Three to Five years of experience as a supervisory Class A Journey (First Class Lineman).
Preferred: Teaching or Training Experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age. If you need accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
HIRING SALARY RANGE
MINIMUM HIRING SALARY: $55,000.00 annually
MAXIMUM HIRING SALARY: Depends on qualifications
The Electrical Lineworker Instructor will teach in multiple environments including classroom, indoor and outside lab settings. This position will be responsible for evaluating student knowledge and progress on skill attainment. They will be teaching alone or with a team of instructors for the Electrical Lineworker course. Coursework includes Safe Line Truck Operations, Pole Climbing Safety, Line Construction, Single Phase to Three Phase Conversion, Transformer Installation and Service, and other related topics. The instructor will also recommend changes to the curriculum and keep the outdoor lab site in a safe condition. This position will report to the Associate Vice President of Workforce Development/Continuing Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed, while in other cases, related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions.
- Promote College mission, values, and vision.
- Assist with program development, improvement, evaluation, and recruitment.
- Assist with selection of textbooks, instructional materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Prepare lesson plans, course overviews, and course syllabi.
- Plan projects for hands-on experience.
- Deliver effective instruction that uses a variety of instructional techniques to assist students in developing Electric Lineworker Technician skills.
- Evaluate student progress and provides appropriate feedback.
- Maintain updated syllabi and other course documents that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records, daily attendance, and other paperwork and reports.
- Submit attendance records, reports, and grades in compliance with College due dates and timelines.
- Maintain equipment and ensure proper storage and security of supplies.
- Maintain inventory and submit requests for ordering supplies.
- Provide monitoring of indoor lab environment including heating, cooling, ventilating, and lighting.
- Maintain cleanliness of class/grounds/lab area.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following: standing, walking, or sitting for extended periods of time, moderate lifting, carrying operating assigned equipment, and general manual dexterity.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for making observations reading and writing, operating assigned equipment, communicating with others, and handling varied tasks simultaneously.
- Effectively handle a work environment and conditions that involve working closely with others Environmental Conditions: Office or classroom environment; working closely with others.
- Serve on college committees as directed by supervisor.
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to the position.
- Assist with equipment and software maintenance.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/jamesspruntcc
Job Post Contact
HR Director & Title IV Coordinator