Cleveland Community College
137 South Post Road
Shelby, NC 28152
Starting yearly salary range $38,106 to $40,374
- Instructional (Faculty)
Opens: Friday, May 24, 2019
Closes: Monday, June 17, 2019
Closes: Monday, June 17, 2019
Target Start Date
Thursday, August 8, 2019
Expected Work Hours
35 hour workweek, 8 am to 4 pm some evening hours
Dean of Vocational
- Associate degree in Electrical Systems Technology or a related degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Between 2000 and 4000 hours of field experience in commercial, industrial, military, or residential electrical work
- Electrical Industry certification will be required after hire if not held at time of hire
- Industrial controls experience
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of the community college
- Electrical Industry Certifications
- Teaching experience at the community college level
- Experience with Blackboard or similar learning management system
- Refer to Section 3.5 Faculty in the Policies and Procedures Manual for more information.
- Work a 35-hour workweek, including five office hours per week.
- Teach assigned courses. This includes on-campus, online, and off-campus classes, including on high school campuses.
- Teach appropriate course content.
- Provide equitable course content and student learning outcomes in all courses regardless of location or delivery method.
- Develop course syllabi according to NCCCS course descriptions and College standards, and adhere to course syllabus.
- Complete end-of-course assessments, formative (on-going) assessments and provide adjustments with teaching methods to meet learning outcomes.
- Maintain web attendance. Regularly submit grades, grade history reports, and other required academic data.
- Be available, via traditional or electronic means, for assistance, for responding to questions, or otherwise assisting students in a timely manner (response times must be reflected in the course syllabus and those response times adhered to).
- Encourage completion of end-of-course student evaluations.
- Allow and encourage participation in other College-required surveys (i.e. CCSSE).
- Maintain proficiency with all classroom equipment both on and off campus. Keep equipment secure.
- Participate in student recruitment, advisement, advisory committee meetings, curriculum development, pre-registration and registration.
- Attend Commencement Exercises, convocations, student orientations, as well as additional meetings and activities as required.
- Participate in professional development activities and College-required training.
- Track and record professional development through artifacts, syllabi, assessments, and evaluations as part of a portfolio of progress that becomes part of the annual review.
- Recognize opportunities for improvement from formative and summative evaluations through input into professional development plans/and or goals.
- Establish and cultivate effective relationships with community agencies, employers, and educational partners.
- Remain current on teaching methods with technology through the incorporation of strategies that augment instructional delivery and facilitate positive learning outcomes.
- Maintain knowledge of appropriate College systems and employs technology to access data, maintain records, and communicate with others.
- Use the College Learning Management System to deliver online instruction and enhance on campus and off campus instruction through all courses.
- Ensure quality by complying with all criteria standards represented in the College’s adopted course evaluation template for online and hybrid courses.
- Ensure the accessibility of all course content and activities to maximize learning opportunities for every student.
- Assist with the College’s library collection development by selecting, evaluating, and weeding learning resources in each appropriate discipline as requested.
- Adhere to all published policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others in a collegial environment.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and other related assignments incident to the work described herein.
Job Post Contact