- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, October 9, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in Electrical Systems Technology or a related field.
- Two years' experience in the electrical industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Electrical safety practices.
- Combination of experience, certifications and or background will be considered
- A Limited, Intermediate, or Unlimited License from a state board of electrical contractors.
- Experience working with the NEC, PLC's, Electronic Controls and Electrical Machine Control.
- College and/or high school teaching experience.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The purpose of an instructor at Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, lab, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred. The Electrical Systems Technology Instructor – Adjunct teaches courses on the Chatham Main Campus and online.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute for all scheduled courses current course outlines and syllabi that support accreditation standards as described in the current faculty handbook.
- Prepare for and meet classes as assigned, promptly evaluate student progress within one week and maintain a safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate concern for student retention by employing best practice strategies.
- Assist in maintaining department/curriculum equipment, supplies, and materials, and library and support resources.
- Participate in scheduled and called departmental, faculty, staff meetings and other College activities.
- Follow policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.