Flat Rock, NC
Closes: Saturday, June 4, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The Electronic Resources Librarian will provide library resources and services in a customer service oriented environment for traditional and distance learner library patrons.
Why it’s Important
The Blue Ridge team is excited by every opportunity to be creative, innovative, and engaging. We do this by working alongside our Staff and Faculty to ensure we provide a modern, technologically advanced institution for the community. We are here to support our Students to ensure they reach their highest potential. Our team engages with the community to ensure that we are consistently meeting standards and then rising above them. Guiding students along their educational journey is our calling and we are looking for like-minded teammates to help us serve our community. Whether a student is entering the workforce for the first time, entering a new profession, or just expanding their knowledge, we are here to provide the necessary tools to accomplish all their goals. Working together, no elevation is too high, and no summit is unreachable.
What You'll be Doing
- Report to and assist the Director of Library Services in the creation of all resources for library use.
- Develop and maintain online research guides using LibGuides 2.0 or later, as appropriate. Create other instructional materials which support student and curricular needs.
- Develop and conduct in-person library programs for students, faculty/staff, and the public. Develop and maintain a calendar of events. Contact and schedule presenters, as needed. Work in partnership with the Student Life and Wellness Department to coordinate events.
- Assist the Director with the creation of the monthly library newsletter.
- Develop support materials for faculty, as needed.
- Provide reference assistance to library patrons utilizing print and electronic resources.
- Develop and conduct online and in-person library instruction/information sessions.
- Work with the Director of Library Services in selecting and weeding library materials. Assist with Collection development in assigned areas. Assist with inventory of the library collection, as needed.
- Serve as back-up to the evening personnel and work evening shifts as needed.
- Assist Library Associate with the supervision of student workers.
- Cover the circulation desk and assist patrons with troubleshooting technical issues, as needed.
- Supervise the library in the absence of the Director.
- Keep informed of current developments in higher education and library services.
- Maintain the technical competencies necessary for job function.
- Ensure compliance with all College, System, Local, State, and Federal policies and procedures.
- Serve on college committees, as assigned.
- Attend college functions, as assigned.
- Attend state/national conferences, as assigned.
- Perform other library/college duties, as assigned.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited school. Applicants in the final year of a MLIS/MLS program having additional library experience will be considered.
1 year of previous verifiable experience working in a library environment and/or experience in an academic environment as faculty or staff.
Applicants with some or all of the following are preferred:
- Proficient in SirsiDynix and/or Evergreen library management software
- Previous academic library and/or college level faculty/staff experience
- Creating/editing LibGuides, LibCal experience
- Candidates with an additional Master’s Degree in any academic area
- Must have strong customer service skills
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines. Lifting/moving weight up to 50lbs, mostly books on book carts.
Blue Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact